Chapter 17: Fuyuto's Quirk

BAM!

"Honey!"

"What's wrong Katsuki?" I yelped as I raced down the hall. "Are the kids okay?" 

I stopped  as my jaw dropped.

"Mama mad?" Little Fuyuto trembled at my feet as I stared at Katsuki and Kat, both captured in an ice blast.

"Oh no, no, no, baby, Mommy just needs to help your daddy and sissy." I reassured him as I prepared to dispel the ice. "Hold onto her, Katsuki!" 

"Got her!" Katsuki said as he tightened his grip on her and I released the ice.

"Kat, baby are you all right?" I began to check them over, but rather than be an emotional wreck, Kat jumped out of her father's arms to Fuyuto.

"Good job, Fuyuto!" She patted his spiky white hair. "That was a big boom!"

"Wait, Kat...did you teach him that?" Katsuki said slowly.

"Yeah. He made a bigger explosions yesterday, but it was outside."

"Wait, I thought that was you!" Katsuki turned on me. 

"Me? Honey, I've been compiling paperwork for Shoto nonstop this last week. I barely went outside. But that means—"

I knelt down with a smile as I patted Fuyuto's fluffy white hair: he was still fidgeting nervously, convinced he had done something wrong.

"Baby, can Mommy see your quirk outside?"

"Mommy not mad? Daddy not mad?" He whispered softly. Katsuki had a pained look as he stared at his small son, who was, at the moment, convinced he had done something horribly wrong.

"No kid. Daddy's not mad." Katsuki reassured him as he hugged the tiny boy. 

"Of course not, sweet baby. Neither of us are mad at you." I said softly as I picked him up and carried him outside. "Actually Mommy is excited."

"Don't wanna hurt Mama." He mumbled as he looked away.

I chuckled softly as I heard Katsuki and Kat follow close behind, Kat in her father's arms. I rolled my eyes as I watched Storm turn over in his doggy bed with a yawn as we walked out into the yard. 

For a guard dog, he sure could miss out on the action sometimes.

"Baby, cold can't hurt me. I'm here to help." I said as I held out my hand and let my ice flames surround us and freeze mid-motion, encasing us in an icy prison. "See? Now you can let it out. Remember, you can't hurt Mama and Daddy is strong like Mama." 

He nodded as he slid out of my arms and extended his hands like punches.

Explosions rang out, and there were huge, spiky pillars of ice that shattered my icy prison.

"Good job baby!" I laughed. "Now try to let it out more gently. Like this." I guided his hands like mine, and to my astonishment, his ice came out like Shoto's but still with a few more wicked, jagged-edged spikes.

"Mama?" Fuyuto tugged at my pants. "Was that good?"

I smiled as I picked him back up and squeezed him with a kiss on his chubby cheek. "Your quirk is so special, Fuyuto. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You're like Kat: you're like Mama and Daddy." I couldn't repress my huge smile as he fell asleep on my shoulder and I carried him back to the house.

"Princess out too?" I asked as I noticed Kat slumped over Katsuki's shoulder.

"Like a light." Katsuki chuckled as he opened the door for me. "I'm guessing when he manifested his quirk Kit-Kat took it upon herself to make sure he didn't blow up the house."

"No wonder they're exhausted, poor things." I sighed as I pushed Katsuhita's hair out of her face. "Let's set them up for a nap on the sofa."

Katsuki nodded in approval. "Good idea." 

A few minutes later, their soft breathing echoed in the living room while I sat on Katsuki's lap. He gently took my hand and squeezed it as I sighed.

"When did you manifest your quirk, baby?" I asked him.

"Me? Four. You?"

"About three. But still: Fuyuto is only two. He's manifesting it, and it's powerful. He still showed so much control though. It's still kinda scary thinking he could have frozen you both."

Katsuki shifted to put his arms around my waist as he put his head on my shoulder. 

"Don't worry too much: earlier I had just entered the room, and I could tell Kat was guiding him. Fuyuto can't create ice on accident. Much unlike his mother." 

"Still...I think I need to take a step back from the paperwork, Katsuki. I'm going to focus more on helping them learn how to control their quirks. But not much: just about an hour a day. Fuyuto's been dying to start training with Kat anyway."

"Why?" He asked quietly as Fuyuto stirred. "I thought what you've been doing with Kat was enough." 

"I know, but I don't want them to be afraid of anything: that includes themselves and their quirks. Fuyuto was very scared of what he did to you two." I sighed as I leaned back on him. "I don't want him or Kat to hate their power, even if they don't end up being heroes."

"You're wise." Katsuki murmured with a yawn.

"No." I whispered back as I picked his chin up and kissed him. "Just learned from experience. Still, we need to get his quirk analyzed: this may only be the tip of the iceberg. Pun unintended."

Katsuki nodded. "I knew our kids would more than likely be powerful, I just didn't expect it to be...how do I put this? Quite so drastic."

"I think it has to do a lot with how our parents' quirks combined to create our own. It should have been natural to suppose they would have ended up with a combination of sorts." I said absentmindedly as I extended my hand, my white flames dancing across my palm. 

Katsuki held out his hand alongside mine, his tiny pops mingling with my flames as we looked at the two little children.

"You know...a long time ago, before I told you I loved you, Tiger told me something that makes me laugh." I said quietly.

"Now what might that be, frost queen?"

"After teasing me about if you were my boyfriend, he told me to keep an eye on you: that you would become something great. And you know what? He wasn't wrong at all." 

Katsuki smiled as he hugged me tighter with a sigh and kissed my nose. 

"Same goes for you, ice cube. And I feel like we've only just begun." 

I jumped a little as I felt something tap my leg, only to be met with sleepy red and blue eyes that looked up at us, giggling.

"C'mere, you two!" Katsuki roared as he grabbed the two sleepy little kids as they began to squeal in laughter. 

"My little heroes!" I laughed as he tickled them, and they pretended to save me from their father, filling our home with high-pitched squealing and laughter that brought a smile to my face.

I was still worried.

But not about them having a happy family.