4

As we walked down the hallways we passed by a tall blonde man and a rather short raven man.

"Hello Commander Erwin"

There I realized this was the leader of the Scouts as Hange had explained earlier. He's much more intimidating than I imagined him to be. That was expected. Though his demeanor was nothing compared to the man standing next to him. His stature was a lot shorter than the commanders but his presence seemed to take up the whole hallway. He was rather handsome too but so was the commander. Well from what I'd seen almost everyone here wasn't bad looking. I wasn't here for that though. I cleared my thoughts. In embarrassment, I looked down as i realized I had been staring for a bit too long.

"Hello Hanji. And who do we have here?"

"This is Isa Reine, I'm sure you've heard of her she was found in the mountains a few days ago"

"Yes, I've heard. You seem to be somewhat of a medical mystery huh?"

Is he talking to me? Of course he's talking to me. God I really am a dumb ass.

"Yeah I guess so" Yeah u guess so? I'm really going to kill myself. This is my first impression and I looked like an outright idiot.

"Well maybe Hange here can figure it out"

"Don't put that big of a burden on me Erwin you know I can't work miracles"

"Even if you can't figure it out. She would still be a great fit here from what I saw"

"You saw her earlier?"

Had he seen my fights? I don't remember seeing him watching but I was a little busy winning if I do say so myself. That would make up for my stupid attitude right now.

"I gotta say you're talented. I didn't expect you to win so easily. Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

"My father"

"Maybe we should hire him for Cadet Training huh?"

Hange butted in, "I think she's tired from working hard today I'm going to take her to her room. See you later Erwin"

With that, she pulled me away and walked me down the halls. I couldn't help but think about that mans presence, although he stemmed like a strong willed leader that could lead his soldiers into battle there was something much deeper lying under that. Something else pushing him. I wanted to know what.

"Sorry about that I haven't really explained the whole situation to the rest of the Scouts. I think it might cause a commotion. I was thinking about how I was going to explain it but haven't gotten around to it"

"It's fine I understand it can be something hard to explain I'm on the same boat"

"Anyway you should get some rest tomorrow we're traveling to one of the training camps."

"You're right. Thank you for this opportunity to show off my skills. I'll see you tomorrow"

With that, she dropped me off at my room. The whole day practically passed me by and now I am again alone in this room. But I took this opportunity to study up on 3DM gear. Hange left a load of books in my room from the Walls History, to the fundamentals of working 3DM Gear. I decided to sit by the window and read.

Outside my window was looking into a courtyard where soldiers sat around and talked. I wonder what it felt like to have to make friends in a place like this where your life wasn't guaranteed. This moment reminded me that even if I could find my place here I shouldn't get close to anyone. They could leave this world in an instant and after my family's death, I don't think I could handle anymore pain. Although I might be holding myself together I can feel my heart slowly tear every time I think about them.