22

I sat up in bed with my eyes closed. I felt so tired but somehow my head felt better. What happened? I felt something warm on my hand. I opened my eyes to see Levi's head laying on my hand. He looked so peaceful. I've never seen him so relaxed. I reached down to push his hair out of his face. I rubbed his temple with my thumb. I wish I could stay like this for hours. My wish was denied a second later when he started moving and sat up.

"Morning sunshine" I smiled at him.

"Don't call me that" he said, rubbing his eyes.

I stayed quiet fiddling with my fingers. This is a perfect time to apologize.

"I want to say sorry again. For everything. For not telling you. I know you think it's my fault that your squad is gone and I know I could've done so much better. But it's not too late I still want to fight alongside you. I want to be your friend." I looked up to meet his eyes.

"I don't blame you for what happened. You don't know what's going to happen outside the walls; it wasn't your fault. Yes I was a little angry that you didn't tell me who you really were but at this point you're one of the only people I have left. I can't lose you too"

"I thought I wasn't your concern anymore"

"I can't just not care about you overnight. I still worry about you"

"You were worried?"

"Are you stupid? I just said I was"

"Calm down there. I'm just surprised that thee Captain Levi cares about ME."

"Why's it so surprising? You act like I never show you any affection"

I look at him surprised, "You don't" I chuckle.

"I thought you wouldn't like it"

"My body temperature is like 10 degrees lower than the average human so yes. Yes I do. You on the other hand you're a clean freak so I'm afraid to even lay a hand on you."

"Don't be. I find your cold hands refreshing" his stare met my eyes. I smiled. No one else ever thought that they would call me a corpse because I was always cold to the touch. I scooted on the bed and grabbed his face with my hands. I pushed my forehead against his with my eyes closed. We stayed there for a few seconds until I pushed my head away from his. "What was that for"

"To cool you down. Your face seemed a little red"

"How is it that even though you're the one in a hospital bed you're taking care of me"

"I actually feel a lot better. I think I figured out the problem. I think I might've gotten a blood clot somewhere in my back after I was flung against that tree. It was restricting the blood flow in my body and my head. And as I mentioned before my body temperature is lower meaning my blood is thicker and I have low blood pressure. Soooo combine all those factors and me using my powers to stab Annie it caused me to pass out. But I think the clots been cleared. I feel great now. Aside from my back being a bit sore."

"How did you figure all that out? I didn't know you were a doctor."

"I've been working alongside Hange for 3 years now I picked things up. And I wanted to know how my powers worked."

"You never cease to amaze me"

"Well I am an amazing woman"

"You're not wrong there" I felt blood rush to my cheeks. "You alright, you looking kinda red. Are you sure you're okay" I chuckled nervously.

"I'm fine I'm fine" He nodded. "But you on the other hand. Let me see your leg"

"What about it"