20

"So you gonna let me out of here or?"

"Actually we were about to go into a meeting care to join" Hange asked

"If I'm permitted then yes" Hange and I both looked at Erwin he nodded and unlocked the door. I walked out "Thanks it was a bit too stuffy in there. Also sorry about the chains" I grinned.

"Don't get cocky on us now" Erwin smiled.

"I'm not cocky what are you talking about. Anyway what day is it?"

"It's only been a day"

"Oh thank god I thought I passed out for longer"

"Don't thank god just yet things are about to get more complicated than before" I looked over to face Hange and Erwin as we walked out of the dungeon.

"What do you mean" Hange grinned.

"And that's where we are now. We're planning on trapping her tomorrow in Stohess District. If all goes according to plan we're one step closer to finding out the truth."

"I'm gone for less than a day and everything goes bat shit crazy huh?" After getting out of the dungeon my back started hurting and my head pounding the adrenaline that had been rushing through my veins had ceased to exist after I finished my deal with the commander. "On second thought I think I'm going to skip out on the meeting can you guys just give me the paper work later tonight and I'll go over it? I'm not feeling so hot right now"

Hange lifted her finger and opened her mouth "Oh that's right I forgot to tell you. You suffered a serious concussion so you should really be resting right now. Also your back is extremely bruised and you shouldn't be walking"

I widnedned my eyes and made a confused face "And you decide to tell me this NOW after we've walked around the whole building?"

"It must've slipped my mind"

"Alright if you don't need me I'm gonna go lay down. See you later" I walked away and lazily waved. I closed my eyes and held my head as I walked through the hall ways. Suddenly my shoulder was hit.

"Tsk" I recognized his voice imminently and opened my eyes.

"Levi" I accidently said out loud.

"I don't feel like having a conversation right now excuse me"

"You're mad because I didn't tell you"

He looked at me then turned away and began to walk away.

"You know I had to. You saw what they did to Eren. What you did to Eren"

"Yeah and he put up with it because he knew the sacrifices he had to make"

"I'm not him"

"Which is why you're no longer my concern"

"I did what I had to do to keep my freedom. Just because Eren is fine doing whatever he is told doesn't mean I am. Now that I know you guys I'm willing to fight along side you and face death. But when I first arrived I never would've willingly risked my life for your people"

"You might know us but as it turns out we don't know you. Just because you're willing to fight along side me doesn't mean I am"

"What you think I'm a monster?"

" 'not all monsters look like monsters. There are some that carry their monstrosity inside' " I looked down at my hands. I twiddled my fingers and made a snowflake.

"Maybe I am a monster. But I won't let that dictate who I will become. I was a warrior. Now I'm a soilder who will help humanity win this war." I handed him the snowflake. "Everyone will see me for who I truly am."