26

Before I knew it I was sent flying up as a blastof hot air engulfed my body. I reached the top of the wall and grabbed on.I used my ice to break into the wall to keep my hold. I looked down to see Reiner rip Eren out of his titans neck. Shit shit shit. Suddenly Berthold appeared holding Ymir. He used ODM gear, which I assume he took from the Scout he ate earlier, to fly onto Reiners back. I stood atop the wall as I saw Reiner run away into the distance. There was no way to catch up to them now.

"Eren!" Armin screamed. Levi's gonna kill me.

----------------

I rubbed Hange's temple as she laid unconscious. We had suspicions and we were one step ahead of them but here we are again failed. We have to get Eren back. I have to get Eren back. It was my duty to protect him and I let him fight alone. I know I should've fought with him. Connie walked over to me.

"What do we do now Miss Reine"

"We wait till they wake up and then wait for reinforcements" I sighed " We can't make any rash decisions right now."

"You shouldn't be moving. We don't know how badly you're injured!" I turned my head to see Mikasa looking down the wall. I stood up and walked over.

"Where is he?!"

"Eren was taken  away. Ymir, too, by Berthold and Reiner. Eren, he... he lost to the Armored Titan. It's been five hours since then."

"Is anyone chasing them?" Mikasa asked

"No"

"Why not?!" she questioned angrily.

"Mikasa. Calm down" I interfered

"No. It was your job to keep him safe. You could do it. You're strong. You're the strongest one here so why?! Why didn't you save him" she looked up at me. I felt guilty.

"I may be strong but I can work miracles. I'm just a human. I'm sorry. I promise we'll get him back."

"All the horses are on the other side of the wall, Mikasa. In order to rescue Eren, we have to wait for lifts to come so we can move the horses. There's nothing we can do. Section Commander Hange and the other officers are too injured to move. To even send out a small scouting party, we're going to need more soldiers than this. Soldiers with experience. Understand?"  Mikasa held her head

"Not this again"

"Does it hurt somewhere?"

"No... I must've hit my head pretty hard, but I'm fine. But... When Eren was taken away by Annie.. I chased them right away. And fighting alongside Captain Levi, in the end ... in the end, we were able to get him back. But if it's already been five hours..."  she reached down to pick up her scarf. "Hey, Armin. Why? Why does Eren always go somewhere far away from us?"

I decided that was my cue to leave. I walked away and saw a garrison soldier headed my way.

"Hannes was it?"

"Ah, yes. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you... Humanity's Muse?"

"Please call me Isa"

"Isa it is. So how much longer you think?"

" A few more hours. But let's hope even sooner. Mikasa isn't holding up so good she misses Eren I bet and she's probably blaming herself for not being able to save him"

"They've known each other years they're practically family. She was always by his side and would come to his rescue when he would get in trouble. I still remember the day she beat up his bullies like it was yesterday. He smiled."