15

The next day the 104th Cadet Corps would choose which military branch they'd join. Before the Trost attack I knew that there were probably a few willing to join but now I doubt we'll have much or any for that matter. I sat outside with Gunther, Eld, and Eren talking.

"After all that, it seems they never found any soldiers who used 3D devices without authorization. Who could it have been?" Gunther questioned. This though had been running through my mind all day. Who would go through all that trouble just to kill two measly test subjects.

"Who knows? Right now, I'm more concerned about the recruitment ceremony that's coming up. I wonder how many crazy recruits we'll get."

"Tell me, Eren... are there any in your class who plan on joining us?" Gunther asked

Eren continued to feed the horses, "There are. Or rather, there were. I don't know about now."

"I don't even think my influence will work at this point. If I went through half of what those cadets did I wouldn't want to join either." I butted in.

"Assemble!"

"Get your things quickly! We're going out on reconnaissance."

"Yes, sir!" Gunther and Eld said simultaneously.

"Good morning, Captain Levi!"

"Let me be clear, Eren. Don't fall more than two lengths behind me. Don't forget that you're allowed to hang around because I'm watching you."

"Yes, sir"

"Don't worry about him so much Levi." Gunther and Eld looked at each other probably puzzled as to why I addressed him so informally. "I'll be by this side the whole time"

"We don't have time for this, let's go."

-----

After the cadet ceremony 21 new cadets joined. I was actually surprised. I wonder how good Erwin's speech must have been if he was able to recruit this many. And most of them in the top 10 of their class. We spent the day going over the formation that we've been using when we go outside the walls. It'd been basic training all day. At sundown I was accompanying Eren as he cleaned the stables.

"Come on that's enough for today let's take a break"

"Alright" he smiled..

We walked out and he was surprised as he saw his fellow classmates.

"Guys!" he muttered "Do you mind if I go and talk to my classmates?" he turned to ask me

"Shesh! Make it quick" Oluo answered.

"He wasn't asking you, idiot." I turned back to face Eren. "Sure take your time"

Eren ran to his friends, "Hey! Mikasa! Armin!"

"Eren!"

"It feels like it's been so long!"

"Eren... Did they do terrible things to you? Did they poke around every part of your body? Did they trouture you psychologically?" Who does this girl think we are? I couldn't help but laugh internally.

"C'mon, none of that happened, " Eren explained. I'm glad he has our backs even after levi beat the shit out of him.

"Tch. That twerp's too full of himself... One day, I'll give him what he deserves."

"You're not talking about Captain Levi, are you?" Wow I like this girl, she has the same opinion I did when I met him. I chuckled

I heard someone behind me, I turned around to be faced with the devil himself.