8

I left without saying another word and went to do my twenty laps. The other cadets finished a bit before me but I wasn't really in a hurry. This gave me time to think. Had my skills been that impressive that he suspects me of something. Now I'm sure he'll be watching me carefully. So there can't be any slip-ups.

I finished my run and went to take a shower. I walked to the room I had been staying at. Hange still hadn't given me an actual room but I didn't mind since this one had a shower I didn't have to share. I let my hair down from the ponytail it had been in and stepped in the shower.

It really was amazing how human technology had transformed in the years I'd been in the ice. I let the water cascade down my body while I washed my hair. When I finally finished I changed into white jeans but decided to put on a tee-shirt instead of the usual uniform. I walked down to the mess hall in somewhat of a hurry since there probably wasn't much food left.

I entered and to my surprise, it was still almost full. People, too many of them. I decided to ignore my thoughts and serve myself some food. When I turned around Petra was there.

"Hey Isa, come sit with us"

"Us?"

"The Special Operations Squad they want to meet you"

"Uh yeah sure why not"

As she led me towards their table I saw 3 other men sitting there. The man from earlier, Oluo? I'm not sure.

"Everyone this Isa. Isa this is Gunther, Eld, and you've already met Oluo this morning"

"Hi" I waved my hand

"So you're the woman we keep hearing so much about" Eld acknowledged

"Well I hope not too much"

"You're somewhat famous around here. A white-haired woman found in the mountains frozen. How could you not intrigue others"

"I'm sure there are much more interesting topics than me" I laughed and scratched the back of my head.

"Well you also are very skilled as everyone saw your demonstration the other day on the training grounds'

"Well, I did a lot of combat training. But I find it surprising that everyone was so shocked. If you're soldiers shouldn't you be skilled?"

Oof probably shouldn't have said it like that.

"I didn't mean that you aren't skilled but maybe your entry cadets should get more training if they want to survive"

"No, I totally get you. But we definitely have some skilled soldiers here. Just wait till you see the Captain in action"

"I've heard that he was given the title Humanity's Strongest. I'm guessing they don't hand out that title to anyone"

"No, they do not. Trust us, we may not look strong but we really try our hardest"

"Well I hope I can fit right in"

"I'm sure you will"

"ANYWAYS."Olou interrupted. "Has Hange figured out how you survived freezing temperatures yet?"

"Not anything yet I think it was just luck"

"I don't know I mean when I had my winter training in the mountains one of the cadets in my class almost died from the cold"

" I really don't know what to tell you"

"Are yo-" Petra interrupted Oluo "You don't have to answer any of Oluo's questions don't worry Isa"