9

We continued training for the upcoming expedition for the coming weeks. I decided to work together with the rest of the squad I was with so we didn't have to suffer any more painstaking runs around the headquarters. Eventually, we were able to get all the" titans" no thanks to me though. I could tell they didn't like me very much. It was stupid reasoning though why wouldn't you want a strong soldier in your team.

I guess when a random girl comes in without training and basically outshines everyone it would make sense. That isn't my fault though why was I supposed to hold back my skill just because they couldn't keep up. I thought about doing it but there was no point they'd probably hate me even more if I did that after showing everyone what I was capable of.

I stopped going to the roof after that day. At first, I thought I could come to like the Captain but after bluntly accusing me of being a threat to everyone since I was "sketchy" I decided I shouldn't waste my time with someone who thinks that low of me. Of course, I still had to see him when we trained with him but I had little to no conversation.

The day of the expedition was finally upon us. I was placed in the right flank and was to alert the rest of the formation if a titan was spotted. I was alone but honestly, it was probably better this way since the new cadets didn't seem to like me all that much.

I woke up in my new room ready to head out. It was a two-person room but since I joined late everyone else had paired up so it was just me. But a room all to myself? Obviously I wasn't complaining. I got up and dressed myself in the usual attire sporting my green Scouts cape. I put my hair up in a ponytail a few hairs falling to the sides of my face. I looked in the mirror and couldn't help but be proud of myself. Contrary to what the others believed I deserved to be here. They might not have seen the hard work I did to acquire my skills but that didn't mean it didn't happen. I worked for years and that wasn't going down the drain.

I walked out into the mess hall serving myself breakfast and some coffee. I sat next to the window my usual spot. Petra came a little later. We became more acquainted and had been eating together regularly. She was a nice girl and I wasn't going to push her away.

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess"

"Don't stress too much about it we're just going to leave supplies and come back it should be quick"

"Well let's hope so"

"You're in the right flank right?"

"Yeah I'm supposed to alert the others of titans"

"Well I'm not going to lie you might encounter some but if we follow the formation everything should be fine. We are there to avoid not attack"

"Got it. Only fight when it's necessary."

"Anyway I'm sure you'll be fine I've seen you in action recently and I gotta say you are very talented. I don't think I could learn that fast"

"Well we just gotta hope that's enough"

Everyone prepared the wagons and mounted their horses. My horse was a beautiful white stallion his hair matched mine which made me very happy. I led him outside the stables, "Come on Mond follow me" he trotted behind me. When I reached outside I tied him to the post where a beautiful black stallion stood. I went up to him and slowly put my hand up to him. He hesitantly smelled me and pushed his head into my hand. "Good boy"

"I'm surprised he's letting you pet him," Mike said as he walked over towards me. He only lets the Captain pet him. You guys do have similar smells though so that could be the reason."