Soulmates

I love soulmate AUs soooo ^^

Your POV

- - - - - - - - -

I just stood there. Tears cascading down my face like waterfalls. My breathing was uneven as I hiccuped from crying so hard. All I could do was just stand there and watch them lower the two wooden coffins down, down, down. And now, 6 feet under the ground lied my mother, the most amazing person I've ever known, and my Father, the strongest person I've ever known.

Oh god I already miss them both so much. I can't stand it. How am I suppose to live the rest of my life without them? Without my dad's hugs, both of their smiles or my mum's voice. All I have to live on are my memories of them. And I can't get any more. 

Because now they're both gone.

Forever. 

I turned away from the sight and buried my face into my grandma's chest. She and my Grandpa are all that I have left now. She hugged me back firmly and I could feel her own thick tears falling onto my shoulder. I could feel her chest moving uneasily as we both cried.

"I can't- I cant-" I choked out, "I- I wanna wake up! I don't want it to be real!" I cried and cried. Grandma started shaking and hugged me tighter.

"I kn-know- I know." She sobbed. ((Eyes low key watering rn)) I hate this world.

I hate the laws of existence and I hate the laws of soulmates. If they didn't exist then at least one of my parents would still be alive! It's not fair. 

Dad got into a horrible car accident and Mum sustained all the same injuries dad got all at once. That's how soulmates work. If one gets hurt, the other receives the same thing.

I can't stop the horrid memory from bursting into my mind, making me cry harder. Mum was in the kitchen making dinner at the time and I was in my room. I heard a smash and ran out-

She-

She was dying right in front of me. I knew what had happened immediately and ran to her side, "MUM! Mum!!!" I screamed. She weakly raised her hand and stoked my cheek.

"We l-love you darling.... so...much........" and that was it.

The last time I would ever hear her voice again. It all happened so fast. Everything that happened in that one second of time, horribly changed my life forever.

- - - - - - - - -

One month later

- - - - - - - - -

"Are you sure you want to do this so soon?" My grandma kindly asked me. 

"Y-yeah. I know it's soon but... I need to do this. At least it can be a distraction." I sniffed. I was starting school for the first time. Mum had always homeschooled me. She said it was because she wanted to spend as much time with me as possible. And I never complained. I loved every second of it....

But now- 

Neither Grandma nor Grandpa can homeschool me and I don't want to put that much pressure on them. So we all decided for me to go to a public school. I knew it would be scary. But like I said.... hopefully it'll be a distraction.... somewhat of one anyway... I'll take whatever I can get.

"Ok then. I love you okay?" She hugged me firmly and I hugged her back just as hard.

"I love you too." My voice wavered a little. I pulled away and picked up my bag.