16. I'M A DANGER TO YOU

| CHAPTER SIXTEEN |

I'M A DANGER TO YOU.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, REMUS HAD woken up extremely early and after he got himself ready for the day, he left his room at Grimmauld Place and began to walk through the quiet house. 

Just as he was about to walk past the room that now belonged to Dawn, the door suddenly opened and the redhead practically fell into his arms.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, smiling sheepishly at the older man as she smoothed out her already smooth shirt, "I can be a right klutz sometimes."

"No need to be sorry," Remus grinned, "I wasn't looking where I was going."

Dawn felt her lips being tugged up into a large grin, the memories of her encounter with the man outside of the book shop flashed through her mind. 

"Can we talk?" Remus suddenly questioned, scratching the back of his neck whilst keeping his eyes on his shoes.

Dawn nodded, "Of course," She said, gesturing for the man to come into her bedroom and as he walked past her, she closed the door behind them.

Remus had never felt so nervous in his entire life, even when Sirius, James and Peter had found out about his condition it didn't scare him anywhere near as much as this. With a deep exhale he finally spoke up, "I'm a--"

"Werewolf," The redhead cut him off, looking at him with a reassuring smile.

Remus sent her a tight-lipped smile, nodding, "Yeah...I better leave now."

But before he could walk past her, the redhead rushed over to him, closing the space between them by placing her lips on top of his. Due to the height difference between them, she had to stand up on her tip-toes but she didn't mind one bit.

Remus' eyes were wide with shock. He certainly wasn't expecting this outcome from his revelation. Her lips tasted like cherry and they were soft against his chapped ones, but they seemed to fit perfectly together. 

Just as he felt her beginning to pull back, he snapped himself back into reality, his lips working against hers as his hands tenderly went down to her waist, making sure he didn't cross any line. He felt her beginning to smile as they continued to kiss and he couldn't help himself as he broke out into one too. 

When they finally pulled away, their cheeks were flushed, lips swollen and their chests moved up and down at a faster speed than usual. He kept his eyes firmly on her as she kept hers on his, biting her bottom lip. She noticed how gorgeous his eyes truly were. They were a dark brown, reminding her of the colour of her usual morning coffee, this time, they weren't as tired looking as they were when they first bumped into one another in Diagon Alley, instead, they were looking right at her with so much life in them. The scars running down his face didn't look as prominent as they did before, but still visible and before she could even control her actions, her hand reached up to his face, her fingers dancing across the scar that ran across his chiseled chin. 

His breath hitched in his throat at her sudden touch, but he didn't move away, he couldn't; he was too captivated by her beauty. Her bright green eyes reminding him of summertime, shining brightly as she looked up at him. Her lips were plump and kissable and he couldn't believe his luck that merely a few moments ago his lips were on hers. She had scars running down her face just like he did, however, hers clearly weren't self inflicted and seemed to suit her a lot better than his did in his opinion. Her bright red hair fell in front of her left eye, almost obstructing the beauty of it, so he reached his hand out and softly tucked that strand of hair behind her ear, resulting in her grin widening.

In that moment they felt like they were the only two people on earth. The only thing that mattered to Remus in that moment was the feeling of her body pressed against his and her eyes staring deeply into his, that was until the reality of what he was suddenly came back to him, and as if she had just burnt him, Remus was quick to rush away.

Dawn frowned at the sudden lack of physical and emotional contact between them two, she took a step forwards, looking right up at him and since he was now looking down, he couldn't miss her stare, "I don't care if you're a werewolf," She told him quietly but sincerely.

"Well you should. I'm a danger to you."

"You haven't been a danger to me ever, Remus. I work with dragons, okay, I stare death every time I'm at work. When I stare at you I don't see a danger. I don't see death. I see an beautiful man, inside and out," Her words were so genuine that Remus almost began to believe them, his heart fluttering as he let his eyes look down at her, not wanting to look away from her beauty for any longer than he ever needed to, "I wish you could see that."

"How can you be so sure?" He asked, he looked so vulnerable in that moment.

Dawn reached her hand up, resting it against his cheek, "Because if you truly were a danger to me, then I would be long dead by now. You wouldn't have these scars on you," She added, running her fingers across his cheek, "Instead, they would be on other people. You're not a danger, Remus, you're the exact opposite."

Remus couldn't help himself, he knew that as a werewolf it was hard to find a partner, one that wouldn't be shunned just for being with him, but in that moment with the redhead beauty staring up at him so intently, he let that thought slip his mind for a moment and now it as he dipped his head down, capturing her lips in another kiss.

This one seemed more magical. Her words seemingly had some sort of affect on him and she was more than thankful for that. Her arms wrapped themselves around his neck, playing with the longer parts of his mousey brown hair as he wrapped his arms around her waist; this time slightly tighter, bringing her even closer to him.

"Breakfast is ready--"

They were quick to pull away, snapping out of their own little world as they both stared at a shocked Sirius. The black haired man stood in the doorway, his hand on the doorknob and his mouth practically dropped to the ground. He looked between the pair of them as they both tried to control their breathing the best that they could.

Dawn sucked her lips in as she felt her cheeks burning. If she hadn't just been caught kissing someone she surely would've thought she was coming down with a fever. Refusing to make eye contact with either of the men she began to stumble over her own feet over to the door, keeping her head down as she passed the black haired man and practically sprinting down the old, creaking stairs. 

Sirius and Remus stayed firmly planted to their spots in Dawn's bedroom. The black haired man was finally able to compose himself, letting his eyes bore into his best friend who was standing there, looking like a deer in headlights.

"So...?" Sirius smirked, looking more amused now than shocked.

"Shut it."

AN- They finally kissed!!! I was so excited writing this chapter so let me know your thoughts 💖