21. COME WITH ME?

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |

COME WITH ME?

DAWN WAS SITTING BY HERSELF at the long dining table at Grimmauld Place. She had a cup of freshly brewed coffee in front of her. Her thoughts mindlessly drifting from one subject to the next.

"Hi."

Dawn's eyes snapped up to the door, her heart fluttering as soon as she spotted Remus entering the room, "Hi," She breathed out, not being able to keep the wide smile from appearing on her face, "Did you sleep well?"

Remus nodded, "Can't complain," He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck, "You?"

"Can't complain," She chuckled, earning a wide grin from the older man as he took a step forwards, "I'm...I'm going to Romania later," Dawn confessed, biting her lip, "Charlie is in charge of recruiting some more wizards for the Order so he asked me to look after his dragons for a couple of days."

It was evident that Remus was trying not to show his real emotions as he nodded, "Oh," He breathed out, looking down at his shoes.

Dawn's eyes focused on the mug, her hands were wrapped around it but when the nerves kicked in and her palms suddenly became sweaty she moved them away ever so slightly, keeping a few fingers running across the handle, "Do you...Do you, maybe, want to come with me?" She questioned, she could practically feel her heart in her throat, "You obviously don't have to come. I don't really know why I suggested it. Ignore me--"

"Yes."

Dawn stopped her rambling. Her bright green eyes widened as she finally looked back up at the older man; he seemed to have moved a few inches closer to the table, his hand resting on the back of an abandoned chair, "Wait, what?"

Remus chuckled, "Yes, I'll go with you."

Dawn couldn't contain the smile that spread across her face, "That's great," She muttered, pushing herself from the chair she walked over to the kitchen to place her cup in the sink, "You should probably dust off some summer clothes," She chuckled, walking towards the older man, "It gets quite warm during the summer, not to mention the fire from the dragons."

Remus' eyes widened slightly, "So, we're going to get up close to them?" He asked, clearly trying not to show how nervous he felt deep down inside. He wasn't exactly sure whether the nerves were from the idea of seeing a dragon close up, or the fact that Dawn was inching closer to him, her bright eyes focused purely on him.

"Of course we are," She grinned up at him, "I hope you're not too scared," She didn't know where this new surge of confidence came from, but she stood up on her tiptoes. Remus was frozen in his spot, watching her with wide eyes as she pressed a soft kiss just at the corner of his mouth. Pulling away, the redhead sent him a shy smile before walking past him, out of the kitchen whilst Remus just stood there; looking like a deer in headlights.