58. PEACE

| CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT |

PEACE.

DAWN THOUGHT SHE HAD CRIED out all her tears whilst stuck at the Malfoy Manor, however, she clearly thought wrong. As soon as her tired, bloodshot eyes landed on Remus with Hope clinging to his shoulders she let out a loud sob. This caught the man's attention and without hesitation he rushed over to his wife's side. She made some room for them both on the single bed Bill and Fleur let her sleep on (something she couldn't properly do thanks to the nightmares that seemed to plague her mind), before throwing her arms around them both, sobbing loudly into Remus' shoulder as he did the same to hers.

"I-I thought I lost you," He confessed, holding onto the redhead tighter, worried that if he let his hands fall she'd slip away from his touch, "I-I t-thought we lost you."

Dawn pulled away ever so slightly to take her daughter from Remus' arms whilst his arm was still wound around her waist, keeping her as close to him as physically possible. Dawn could feel the tears falling like waterfalls down her cheeks but she didn't care, all she cared about in that moment was her husband and daughter; the two most important people in her life that she missed more than humanly possible.

"I-I'm here now," She told him through her tears, he reached his hand up and wiped some of them away, keeping his hand softly caressing her wet cheek, "I'm here a-and I'm never leaving e-ever again," Dawn promised him through her sobs.

Remus nodded before pulling her back into his chest. He couldn't believe he was holding her in his arms again. It all felt like a dream, like a dream he would wake up from to find himself alone in their shared bed back at the cottage. He thought that he'd get used to being alone, since, that was the majority of his life before he met Dawn. But he didn't. He couldn't get used to it again. It felt like someone kept stomping on his heart whenever he turned around to find Dawn's side of the bed completely empty and freezing. Tears filling his eyes at the thought of never seeing her again.

"I'm never letting you go," He told her, he could feel her shoulders shaking as she cried into his chest, "You hear me? I'm never letting you out of my sight ever again."

"I'm n-never leaving your sight again," Dawn hiccuped. This seemed to be the first moment in months that the woman finally felt at peace. Her body still ached and she couldn't close her eyes without picturing everything Bellatrix did to her, but being in Remus' arms and holding Hope close to her chest, Dawn finally felt at peace again. She finally felt like things were going to be okay.