39. I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!

| CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE |

I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!

CHRISTMAS CAME ROUND QUICKER THAN Dawn expected. It felt like only yesterday she found out she was pregnant, when in fact it was well over three months ago. She was showing now and was more than ecstatic to show off her growing belly. Molly and Arthur already knew (Molly figured it out when Dawn came to visit them with Remus once again, she told them that the wide grins on their faces and the hand Dawn kept on her tiny stomach was enough to figure it out). 

Next were the twins. Dawn went round to visit their joke shop when she was around two months, the twins showed her around the shop before the three of them went up to their flat. Whilst there, Dawn handed them two separate gifts ('best uncle' with an arrow pointing upwards) and it took them several minutes before they joined the dots together.

Charlie was in Romania and travelling using anything other than car or foot caused the redhead to get far too nauseas so she wrote him a letter. She did the same for Bill (who went to France with Fleur Delacour) and to Ginny and Ron too (since both were still at Hogwarts at the time).

Since Molly was hosting Christmas at the Burrow, Charlie and Bill both came back to England for it. Harry had also been invited (so was Hermione but she went on a skiing trip with her parents, she did, however, sent some presents over as well as a letter congratulating Dawn since Ron had blabbed his mouth to almost the entirely of Hogwarts that his older sister was pregnant with his former Professor's baby).

The happy couple sat side by side on the couch in the Burrow's living room. Their bellies full of delicious Christmas dinner and their hearts full of joy. Remus was in a deep conversation with Arthur whilst Dawn chatted with Ginny about her strangest food cravings (pickles on absolutely everything). When the sun began to set, the couple decided it was probably time to start heading back home (Remus' cottage. Dawn had ended the lease on her flat and moved in with Remus after they found out they were going to be parents, since he wanted to be there for her every step of the way and that was far easier to do whilst living together).

"Are you sure you can't stay for longer?" Molly questioned as the adults gathered outside around the front door. 

"We really should go mum," Dawn told her, smiling tiredly at the woman, "The first night's always the worse," She muttered, nodding at Remus as he stood there, stiff as a board and looking out into the wheat field in front of the house, "Remus?" She called out, but he didn't turn around, "Remus?"

Everyone's eyes turned towards the werewolf as he stood still. Dawn took a few steps forwards, placing her hand over his arm. As she did so, a loud noise came from above them before a ring of fire appeared around the Burrow as a loud cackle was heard from the wheat field. Even though it was too dark to spot anyone in there, Dawn instantly recognised the sickening cackle as one that belonged to Bellatrix Lestrange. 

Remus pushed Dawn behind him, shielding her as much as he could with his own body as Bellatrix suddenly appeared in front of them. She waved with her fingers before tuning around and sprinting back into the wheat field. Dawn couldn't register what was happening as a figure came rushing out of the Burrow, sprinting after the woman.

"I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix sang mockingly, "I killed Sirius Black. You coming to get me?"

Remus gently pushed Dawn back over to Molly as he, Arthur, Bill and Charlie sprinted towards the wheat field, their wands gripped tightly in their hands. Dawn kept a protective hand over her stomach as she watched the men disappear into the darkness whilst Fred, George, Ginny and Ron ran out of the Burrow, looking around in complete and utter shock. 

"We need to put the fire out," Molly instructed, reaching into her apron to pull out her wand.

Dawn and the twins reached for theirs and all four of them began to put out the fire around the Burrow using a water spell. Ron and Ginny simply stood outside, looking around in shock. Dawn let out a sigh of relief when she spotted that the fire was out. She didn't waste anymore time in rushing over to Ron and Ginny, wrapping her arms around them. 

Out of the corner of her eyes she noticed movement in the night sky, glancing up her eyes widened when two shadows began to fly around the Burrow before going right through one window and out the next before the entire house burst into flames. 

Dawn pulled Ginny and Ron backwards, leaving as much space between the burning building and them as she could. Tears stung her eyes as she watched bits of wood chipping off as the fire ate through everything, inside and out. She usually loved the sound of a crackling fire, however, now the sound made her feel sick. 

"Dawn!" 

The redhead turned around, she spotted Remus running out of the field and straight towards her, his face full of worry, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked in a rushed voice as he placed his hands on her face, checking her over for any injuries.

"I-I'm fine," She stuttered, "We're all---We're all fine," Dawn added, gesturing to herself and her belly as well as her family all around them. She was more than thankful that everyone got out in time because items could be replaced but lives couldn't.