61. GIVE ME HARRY POTTER

| CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE |

GIVE ME HARRY POTTER.

DAWN STOOD IN BETWEEN REMUS and Fred, around the rest of the members of the Order of Phoenix. They were standing just outside of the double doors of the Great Hall back at Hogwarts, a place Dawn wasn't expecting to be anytime soon, especially not in these circumstances, but here she was, ready to fight. 

"It seems that despite your excessive defensive strategies, you still have a security problem, Headmaster," Harry's voice travelled from inside the Great Hall and Dawn let out a deep exhale, watching as Kingsley and Arthur pushed the double doors open. 

Wordlessly, the Order stormed inside, their wands gripped tightly in their palms, their expressions emotionless. Dawn felt a shiver run down her spine as her eyes observed the room. The last time she had been in there, she was still a student, full of hope and happiness, excited to move to Romania and finally enter the real world. The last thing she remembered was being in the Great Hall but the place didn't feel the same anymore. It felt colder, it lacked the life it used to have and the looks on the student's faces certainly didn't seem to warm up the place either.

Instead of Albus Dumbledore standing at the top of the Great Hall, ready to welcome students back to Hogwarts with open arms and the widest grin on his face, there now stood a cold, emotionless Severus Snape. 

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive," Harry added sarcastically before his face turned cold as he looked at Snape, "How dare you stand where he stood?" He bellowed, "Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye; a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!"

Snape didn't say anything. He kept his eyes on Harry as he reached into his robes. He pulled out his wand but before he could even think about throwing a spell at Harry, the seventeen year old got pushed out of the way by Minerva McGonagall as nearby students gasped in shock, watching as they pointed their wands at one another.

The Order all raised their wands that little bit higher, just in case Snape decided to make a move.  However, much to Dawn's surprise, McGonagall sent the first spell towards the man. Students gasped as a bright light emitted from her wand, going straight towards the man before he blocked it effortlessly. She sent another spell as he blocked it once more. 

Dawn watched with wide eyes as her former Head of House threw more and more spells at the Headmaster of Hogwarts, he managed to block each one but that certainly didn't seem to be bothering McGonagall one bit. Suddenly two - she presumed Death Eaters - whom were standing just behind Snape got hit by a spell ricocheting off of Snape moments before McGonagall finally stopped throwing her spells as everyone watched Snape turning into a black shadow and flying right out of one of the giant windows, causing the glass to smash and fall to the ground in thousands of tiny pieces.

"Coward!" Dawn heard a student yell seconds before the majority of them began cheering.

Dawn looked impressed as she watched McGonagall using her wand to light the torches around the Great Hall, brining some of the life back to the room. The cold feeling seemed to disappear but that didn't last long. Suddenly, the Great Hall turned a grizzly dim colour as students began to clutch their heads, their faces contouring with pain. The redhead looked at her husband, a look of worry flashed through her eyes before a sharp pain suddenly shot through her skull, causing her to squeeze her hands over her temples as a way to try and soothe it. 

Remus reached his hand out to touch his wife's shoulder when his head began to ache as well. Fear flashed through everyone's eyes as the room got chillier.

"I know that many of you will want to fight," Voldemort's eery voice penetrated everyone's ears, a low ringing sound was barely heard underneath his echoey voice, "Some of you may even think to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The pain and voice simultaneously disappeared, Dawn let out a sigh of relief as she let her hands fall back down to her sides, her hand instantly finding Remus' and gripping it tightly. The werewolf squeezed his wife's hand, panic rising in his stomach.

The Great Hall became unnervingly quiet as everyone's eyes turned to look at Harry; who hadn't moved an inch, his eyes wide as he looked over at the Order.

"What are you waiting for?" A female Slytherin suddenly yelled, pointing at Harry, "Someone grab him!"

Before any student could even think about stepping closer to Harry, Ginny appeared in front of him, shielding him from the students as they looked at him like he was their prey. Dawn smiled to herself before she glanced up at Remus, the couple seemed to come to a silent agreement and they walked away from the Order and over to Harry, blocking him even more from view. It didn't take long before Hermione and Ron joined before the rest of the Order rushed over, their eyes glaring at any student that looked ready to just hand Harry over like he was nothing. They were all ready to fight for the spectacled boy whether that was against some students or against Voldemort. They were all ready.