Chapter 2

Sophia's P.O.V

"We are here to discuss the arranged marriage of Sophia Russo and Enzo Inferno,"

I'm gonna kill him.

My male cousins and sister watch me with worried eyes. While my female cousins start whispering. I have a bad temper and what Antonio is planning will make hell break loose in this house.

I always wanted and waited for a prince to sweep me off my feet as I saw in the Disney movies. I waited for one to come and 'woo' me and take me away from Antonio's abuse. It never happened. I became my own hero and I picked up my broken self one by one.

I don't mind getting married because I want one like my parents had. They were in love. They had the perfect marriage. Yes, they would fight sometimes but that's because my mother had a sharp tongue like me. They always made back up after an hour or two. I don't despise the idea but Antonio picking my future husband didn't sit well with me.

Antonio knocks his glass with a fork and the whispers die down.

"This marriage will join the Russo mafia under the Inferno name, it will take place in one week,"

A week?

"Sophia will move into the Inferno mansion by this Thursday," Antonia spoke with no room for argument.

My eyes quickly connected with my sister's blue orbs.

Fear.

That's all I saw. I gave her a nod in the direction of the stairs and she excused herself. She gave me a small smile and ran upstairs.

I couldn't comfort her right now. I had to stay and hear what else Antonio was planning. My eyes drifted to Enzo's to see he was already watching me with a stoic expression.

Creep.

Being married to Enzo might be difficult. Enzo has been a player ever since his last girlfriend, Ema Deverlinge, cheated on him.

Ema was a well-known model who cheated on him with an actor. They were seen in Los Angeles kissing at a booth inside an expensive restaurant.

He has become ruthless since then. He uses girls and was known to be a torture freak. He doesn't take traitors in his mafia lightly and will give you a painful death if you betray his mafia.

How do I know this? Word in the mafia spreads like a wildfire.

"Sophia, are you listening?" Antonio boomed.

My eyes snapped to his as all the heads turned to me.

I sent a glare his way and didn't miss the fear that passed through his black eyes. It left just as quick as it came.

"Yes," I responded in a cold tone.

"I need both Enzo's and Sophia's signatures to make sure both parties agree on everything,"

Papers were slid my way. My eyes scanned every sentence and word looking for double meanings or faults in it but there were none. I simply had to be Enzo's partner and once we were married we would take over the mafia.

I signed it and slid it to Enzo to see he was doing the same. When the papers reached back to Antonio he had a smirk on his face while he put them in a folder.

The idea of joining the mafias is great, joining our mafias will make it the largest and best mafia in the world, I just wish the idea didn't come from Antonio. 

"Let's celebrate," he said with a smile.

The maids brought out a bottle of champagne. They poured our glasses and handed them out.

"Cheers to the newlyweds to be,"

We clinked glasses and I took a sip then excused myself. My second-in-command Parker tried to talk to me but I just walked past him. It was rude of me but I have a bigger issue right now.

I grabbed two bottles of water from the kitchen and made my way upstairs. I opened my sister's bedroom door and the sight in front of me cracked my heart a bit.

My sister was surrounded by tissues with puffy eyes and a red nose. She looks straight at me and bursts out crying all over again.

"Hey don't cry Rudolph, " I try to joke.

"Come here," I move her into my chest and wrap my arms around her protectively.

"He won't hurt you," I coo in her ears.

I continue to whisper calming words in her ear. She eventually falls asleep. I release her from my grip and lay her down. I clean the tissues off her floor and bed.

I take the two water bottles back downstairs. I see that Antonio just waved goodbye to the guests. I put the water bottles down on the table.

"Hey, Sophia what do you think about the marriage? Enzo's cute right?" My cousin Faith asked from behind me.

I spin around and looked her up and down. She was wearing a skanky short dress that looked a size too small. I don't know if she changed last minute or found out about Enzo before me.

Faith and I were never close and she always hated me for some reason. She bullied me whenever she got the chance.

" I think it's a good idea and yes my fiance is cute," I mock her with the word fiance.

She throws a glare my way and leaves. I roll my eyes and my eyes scan the room for him. I see him talking to my aunt and I walk over with a smirk.

"Aunty Beth, can you give me and Antonio a moment?"

She gives me a bright smile "Of course darling goodnight".

I watch her ascend the stairs and as soon as I hear the door shut, I punch Antonio in the stomach and I hear a crack. He doubles over in pain.

"You b-bitch," he heaves out.

"I didn't even punch you that hard don't be a wuss," I roll my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me about joining mafias?" I ask, trying to keep my voice low and anger at Bay.

"I don't need to tell you shit-" he attempted to stand up straight "-and you agreed to the marriage any way you whore"

He releases a chuckle and my anger peaks at the name he has been calling me since I hit puberty. I take out a dagger from my boot and stab him in the shoulder. I kick his legs and he drops to his knees with a smile.

Psychopath.

"Look how easy it is to rile you up, one little word," he winces and holds his shoulder.

He spits out some blood shows off his red-stained teeth. Let's just say red isn't his color.

"Kill me, let's see what I taught you," he insists.

I want to go maniac crazy and dig his eyeballs out but that's what he wants from me. He wants me to get mad. He wants to see me be weak and irrational. He wants to figure out my weaknesses.

"You wouldn't like to experience what you taught me Antonio because I'll have you begging for mercy," I spit in his face.

I use all my anger and punch him so hard it knocks him out. I smirk and tell a guard to let our doctor patch him up.

I might hurt him but I don't want him dead just yet. He has to suffer as I did. He can't die easily. He has to go through what I went through. When I get married he's in for a treat.

•××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××ו

So badass tbh.

Byee lovies~Sam♡