Chapter 16

Sophia's P.O.V

"Ahhh!! It's cold," I say running away from Daniel.

We are getting ready for a water fight in the back by the pool. He sprayed me on my back and the water is freezing.

It's him, Hunter, Luca, Zuri, and I. Parker, Jaiden and Enzo are in the house doing whatever.

"Oh really?" He says laughing and sprays me again.

I turn to glare at him and spray him right on his chest, he flinches.

"Oh wow that's cold," he laughs.

"Are you guys ready to start?" Hunter asks filling his water gun.

There are no teams. Every man for themself.

"READY!" We all say in unison.

"GO!" He shouts.

I take off running. I'm wearing a black bathing suit with black shorts.

I hide behind a bush and try to squirt Luca and Zuri who are hiding together.

"Stop making out and play!" I shout laughing.

They turn to me and I run while laughing. Suddenly something hard but soft hits my head and I fall to the ground from the unexpected impact. I hit my head on the concrete and I feel throbbing pain.

Groaning, I sit up and I lift my hand to my head, and feel a thick substance.

Blood.

I roll my eyes, which then gave me a headache.

Hunter runs over.

"I'm sorry Sophia I was aiming for your shoulder," he says

Daniel comes and helps me up. He takes my hand and helps me walk inside.

My head is hurting and with every step, I feel a throbbing pain.

"Let me patch it and then we'll go to the hospital," Daniel says softly.

Daniel is like a big brother to me. He helps me with anything I need, teases me, and he reminds me a lot of Jaiden, just less protective.

I slightly nod and he goes to get the first aid. He comes back cleans the blood and puts a gauze over it to soak up the blood.

My eyes begin to feel heavy.

"Hey, don't close your eyes, we need to know if you have a concussion," Daniel grabs my hand and shakes it slightly.

I fight to keep my eyes open to the hospital. They put me on a gurney and I finally let the darkness consume me.

~~~~~~~~~

"She hasn't woken up yet, there's no concussion so she's safe but she will have headaches for a while, give her this when she wakes up," I hear the doctor say.

I've been up for about five minutes now and so far I've heard Zuri, Daniel, and Enzo's voices.

The doctor was telling them about my fall and how they had to shave the side of my temple to clean it properly. The skin didn't rip so I didn't get stitches. I just have a big cut.

I hear a door close and open my eyes.

"Hey sis," Zuri is the first to see me.

"Hey Zu," I smile a little.

"You have to take this whenever you get a headache, don't overdose," she laughs a little and I chuckle.

Enzo freezes and pales. He wordlessly leaves the room.