Chapter 25

Four days later...

Sophia's P.O.V

Sitting on the couch with a book in hand, I wait for Enzo to return. He's been gone for a while and I don't know when he's coming back.

He has to cause he still has this Mafia to run, I could hunt him down but I decided to give him space. I was wrong to smash it but right to be pissed. It's suspicious.

Since he's left I've been sitting here every early morning waiting for him to walk through the door so I can apologize. After two more hours I fall asleep.

Waking up I feel a soft blanket covering me, my eyes flutter open as I throw the cover off me. Setting my book onto the coffee table, I make my way to the kitchen.

"Hey," I say seeing a shirtless Enzo eating some cereal with his phone in his hand.

He doesn't look up from his phons and I sigh.

"Look I know you're mad-"

"Pissed," he corrects me.

"I know you're pissed, I'm sorry for the way I acted, I was wrong, I should have listened to you and let you explain, I just didn't like the fact you had another bitches picture in your drawer," I take a seat next to him.

He scoffs, "You're calling someone you don't even know a bitch because her picture is in my draw, are you that self-centered? And your sorry sounds scripted and forced, try really being sorry and not saying it so that I won't be mad anymore," he puts his bowl in the sink and leaves.

I put my head in my hands and groan, I didn't even noticed I said it. The word slips out sometimes.

I make breakfast for Zuri, Mia and me and send a maid up to wake her up. We eat and I take her to the game room to play.

After watching a few shows and playing snake and ladders she runs to find Daniel.

I sigh and head upstairs.

I take a shower and get dressed in causal basketball pants and a vest. I knock on Enzo's door and hear a soft 'come in'.

I open his door and close it behind me. He is on the phone so I stand there waiting.

"Yeah I'll be fine, tomorrow I'll come, okay yeah bye," he ends the call and looks at me.

"Yes Sophia," he says dryly.

"Enzo I'm really sorry okay? I don't know how else to apologize, I'm not a perfect person I'm really not and I'm sorry for calling the girl a bitch, she's honestly gorgeous, I guess I was just jealous you know?" I make my way over to his bed.

"When I saw the picture it hurt a little and because of your past, I just went with the first thing that came to mind, that she was an old fling, when I thought about it later I realized maybe she wasn't, " I finish and look at him.

He looks at me with a straight face, not giving away how he feels.

"I understand that Sophia but you can't just act out on a thought that you had, you didn't even let me explain, you broke something extremely valuable to me that can never be replaced properly, next time think before you act," he walks out of his room.

I sit there stunned.

Is he still mad?

I rush downstairs after him. I look all over but I don't find him.

I fall back onto the couch with a huff. Luca joins me. Seeing my stressed state she questions me.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Enzo's gone again and I don't know if he's still mad," I put my head in my hands leaning toward propping them on my knees.

She rubs my back, "Why is he mad?"

"I broke the picture frame of a girl that I saw in his desk, " I responded.

"Why does he have some girl's pic in his desk?" She asks.

"I don't know but she was gorgeous, she had these big brown eyes and long brown hair, she had a few freckles on her face with a button nose," I sit up and tell her.

"Why would you break that? Do you know how special that was?" She abruptly stands up and goes to his office.

Who is she? And why is everyone so pissed I broke it?

I chase after her.

I see her on the ground where the broken frame still lay. I didn't know if to move it or not so I ended up leaving it.

She picked up a certain piece that I couldn't see from behind the desk and tucked it into her pocket.

"This is bad Sophia, if he forgives you for this, hell he's gotta love you, you should be dead by now, " she says the last part darkly.

"What is so important about her that everyone is mad?" I ask confused.

"Because she was the mafia's princess," I hear Enzo's husky voice behind me.

I spin around and see him standing where I once was, in the doorway.

"What do you mean, if she was important I should know her or about her at least," I say.

"She was hidden from the media just like your sister, she never really liked to get involved in the mafia world, she didn't like guns or the violence," he explains.

He goes over to Luca and pulls her in a side-hug.

"She was my little sister," he informs me.

"What happened to your her?" I asked sympathetically.

"She had a brain tumor, there wasn't any treatment, she passed away after four months of chemo," Luca says barely above a whisper.

I nod and hug him.

"I'm so sorry Enzo, I had no idea,"

"It's fine, I didn't expect you to, can I just have a minute alone please?"

"Yeah sure," Luca and I leave his office to give him space.

I sigh and head down to the gym.

•××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××ו
Byee lovies~Sam♡