Chapter 27

Three weeks later...

Sophia's P.O.V

"No, we need more guards. She is being introduced as part of the largest mafia, people will try to kidnap her," I tell Enzo.

"I know Sophia, but there would only be the top 5 mafias there. All of them are our alliances, you have nothing to worry about," he puts his hand over mine.

Right now we're on his bed discussing a ball. A ball that takes place in ten days. Everything is already set up but we need more guards.

Mia is being introduced to the mafia world at the ball, it's also going to be her fourth birthday party. She is already adopted by me and therefore falls under the Inferno name. Making her the youngest female in the mafia.

"What if they have a traitor? So much could go wrong," I put my head in my hands.

"They don't I promise you, nothing will go wrong we'll all be okay," he pulls one of my hands and holds it.

Enzo and I have gotten close since the party. I finally opened up to him about everything in my life and he did the same.

He opened up more about his sister, turns out she's really sweet and a badass, she had a fierce attitude but was still kind. The frame had her signature engraved, luckily Luca found the piece and I got it fixed for him.

We went on business trips together, we had little dates with Mia, we had little talks and eventually, he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Yes, we're already married but that was forced. We want to have an actual relationship. So we have to build it. We have argued a lot over the fact that he slept around, my insecurities have come out of hiding and stirred the pot in our relationship.

He reassured me multiple times that he only wants me and it helps. He also has been helping with raising Mia.

She's turning 4 on the 5th of November and the party is being held on the 6th. Enzo actually came up with the idea. She and Enzo have been inseparable and it's so cute. I know he'll make a great dad.

We have also talked about children and if we want. Personally, I always wanted three kids. I'm a fit person so I'm sure I could bounce back. Enzo said he wants four but said it doesn't matter how much I make, just that they're healthy.

I look up at him and smile. I've been really happy this past month. His door bursts open and Mia runs in jumping on the bed.

"Phia! The monster was there again!" She hides her head in my neck and latching on for dear life.

Since last week she has been complaining of a figure in her room, but every time we go to check we see nothing.

We search her whole room and everything is the same. I think she saw a bad movie and has been scared ever since.

"Baby there's nobody there I promise you," I reassure her.

"No Phia he talked this time!" She looks terrified and has tears I'm her eyes.

"What did he tell you?" I ask.

"He said that he's watching, " she hides under a pillow.

This is the first time she said that the figure talked. Enzo looks at me worried and gets up to go check.

"Sophia!!" He shouts my name.

I run into her room that's across from Enzo's. Her window is wide open and there's a note on her dresser.

Enzo opens it and reads aloud.

Dear Sophia,

Your little Mia is quite the beauty, sadly she can't replace you. I want you Sophia and I always get what I want, I will burn your little mafia to the ground if that's what it takes, watch your back Enzo, your wife is mine.