Chapter 8: Shopping Together Part 2

Kokichi was looking at some Nagito themed merchandise. Nagito was one of his favorite characters, mostly because of his dedication to hope. Shuichi had moved on from smiling creepily, and was now drooling over all the merchandise. Kiibo was looking around the aisle, and saw a figurine that interested him. He grabbed it, and decided to ask Kokichi who it was.

"Hey, Kokichi? Do you know who this guy is?" He asked, showing Kokichi the figurine. "Oh, th-that's Hifumi. He's the Ultimate F-Fanfic Creator." Kokichi answered. Kiibo turned the figure around in his hands. "His tie is kinda odd." Kiibo said. Kokichi chuckled. "So, what's he do in the story?" Kiibo asked. "W-well, he's in the first season. H-him and Celestia w-work together in the third chapter a-and kill Ishimaru, then Celestia k-kills him." Kokichi explained. "Oh, that's interesting." Kiibo said. "Who's Celestia and Ishimaru????" Kiibo wondered.

Shuichi came over with an armload of merchandise, most of it being Kyoko and Junko themed. "Well, I've got all I can carry. Kokichi, is that all your grabbing?" Shuichi asked from behind the mountain of merchandise. Kokichi was holding some assorted items, all of them having a pale male with fluffy white hair on them. "I think I've seen that one before." Kiibo thought to himself. "Yeah, I'm ready." Kokichi said. The two walked away to pay for them.

Kiibo had gotten a bit absorbed in the craftsmanship of the merchandise. Despite being mass produced, most of them were made well.

Kokichi had handed Shuichi the money for the figurines he wanted so that Shuichi could do all the talking. Kokichi turned to look out at the crowd, and saw Kiibo looking at the products. "I kinda wish he wasn't all the way over there... I don't wanna be alone with Shuichi." Kokichi thought. "Shuichi, I'm g-gonna wait over there." Kokichi said, pointing near the entrance of the store. "Ok! I'll get this all paid for." Shuichi said, giving Kokichi a warm smile. Kokichi didn't return it, and walked over to stand by himself.

As he stood there, his mind drifted back to his hug with Shuichi. And... the kiss....

"Shuichi had smiled so widely after... it was... creepy.... at least Kiibo is here, Shuichi wouldn't dare to do anything extreme with people around." Kokichi thought to himself. Speaking of Kiibo, he had now had enough of the products, and was strolling towards Kokichi. "Hey, Kokichi." He greeted. "Hi, Kiibo."

"Hm... you know, maybe I could impress Kokichi if I tell him what that one character's name is... Nanitoe? No... I'll have to look through my database." Kiibo thought. As he did so, Kokichi looked out into the crowds of people walking out and about in the hall. He could see a few people carrying Danganronpa merchandise. "...Hey, Kokichi. You know the stuff you grabbed? Isn't the guy that's on them named... Nagito?" Kiibo piped up.

"Hopefully I got his name right." Kiibo thought. Kokichi nodded. "Yup. He's one of m-my favorites." Kokichi said. He saw that Shuichi was now walking back, holding a ton of bags. "L-let's stop talking f-for now. Shuichi's c-coming back." Kokichi stammered. "Oh, ok." Kiibo responded.

"Here, Kokichi. This bag has your stuff." Shuichi lifted up one of the bags. Kokichi took it. "Th-thank you...." Kokichi said. "No problem!" Shuichi exclaimed. He then turned to Kiibo, and noticed that he didn't have anything. "Huh? What's wrong, Kiiboy? Why didn't you grab anything?" Shuichi asked. "I didn't grab anything because I didn't bring any money... and don't call me that. My name is Kiibo. Not Kiiboy." Kiibo said, his voice monotone.

"But I don't wanna." Shuichi insisted, stubborn. Kokichi frowned. "Hey... K-Kiibo doesn't like being c-called that." Kokichi said. Shuichi pouted. "Awww. C'mon, Kokichi! It's fun. You should join in, too." Shuichi said. "N-no. It's rude... n-now stop calling him that and m-move on or I'm on-going home." Kokichi said.

Kiibo felt... odd. Kokichi was standing up for him. The emotion he's feeling was called... joy? Maybe. Whatever it was, it was a good feeling. It made him feel warm inside. Figuratively, of course, if he felt warm on the inside, that meant he was probably overheating.

Shuichi sighed. "Alright, alright. I'll quit." He said, sounding like a parent compromising with a child. You know what that sounds like, right?

Kiibo was glad that the conversation had moved on. "So, are we going anywhere else, or what." Kiibo asked. "Hmm... w-well, I kinda g-gotta go home." Kokichi stammered. "Huh? How come?" Shuichi asked. "I'm g-gonna go hang out with M-Maki tomorrow... I g-gotta get ready." He said. "Oh, ok. I'll see you on Monday then." Kiibo said. Kokichi nodded, and decided to give his friend a hug.

The hug was too long for Shuichi's liking. "Kokichi! Don't touch that weirdo! You should be touching me instead." He thought to himself. However, he couldn't show his distaste, not when Kokichi was around.

Eventually, Kokichi let go of a blushing Kiibo, and left.

"For some reason... him touching me, holding me, makes my cheeks flush. I don't think I feel embarrassed...." Kiibo thought. He then remembered Shuichi's existence. He turned to face him. "Ah. I should get home too. I don't want my parents to worry." Kiibo said. Shuichi's face was indescribable. Kiibo couldn't tell what emotion it was trying to convey. "Oh... I'm sure they won't worry. I mean, it's not even lunch. Here, let's go grab some food from the food court. My treat. There's something I wanted to talk to you about."

《__________________________________》

Words: 949

[Ah, thank you for reading! The next chapter is going to be exclusively Kiibo and Shuichi. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did, it'd really help me out in the motivation factor if you voted. Again, thank you!]