Chapter 1 - The fallen

Air.

You only felt and heard rushing winds as you cascaded down. It was exhilarating, frightening-

Freeing

That's what it was.

Centuries in heaven was like a dog collar tightening around your neck. Many were let out to do the wondrous miracles God had allowed. You however... you were chained to the inner territory of Heaven.

You never left.

Never felt your wings free in air that wasn't pure.

Never...

Until now...

Now you felt it, you felt the air tainted with sin, the damnation of mortal souls and you hadn't even touched the ground yet.

Your fears faded the further you fell from the pearly gates. Then it hit you. The reason you were falling... the reason you were free...

The man upstairs had found out about this. He found out his creation, the other angels, were mating and marrying the mortal women. Causing the abomination that was a nephillim.

The pure, the loyal, they all despised those who sought out the flesh and weak. Though God loved his little humans everyone knew he realised their weak and sinful ways the moment Eve 'ate' the 'apple'. Rumour had it that her 'eating' the 'apple' was a metaphor for her sleeping with Lucifer but that was just a rumour, most likely started by Gadreel.

You knew Lucifer, or as he let you call him, Luci. Pain and guilt described your feelings when God cast him out of heaven, pain because of the loss and guilt because you agreed and somewhat encouraged him to stand up to the big man.

You remember the day he fell, along with a third of the angels. Their wings scorched and dark when they passed into the mortal realm... but that was the last you saw of them.

You never sinned or went against your creator. Never disrespected the others despite the overwhelming urge to. You were a good little angel! But why were you falling? Well...

You jumped.

You jumped the moment those gates opened for the sinning angels who gave up their purity for the flesh of female humans. Anna and Mariam begged you not to go, they were younger than you but knew what would happen if you fell.

Too late now! You were already nearing the ground. Then it hit you... how do you stop falling?!

"Dammit- oh, lord almighty I am able to curse!" Realising there was no time to dwell on the new found use of language. Plummeting towards the dull green grass compared to that of heaven you saw no other way out. Your wings were burned already which, by the way, was not a light hearted process.

Just as you were to hit mortal grounds you felt yourself phase through. Opening your previously closed eyes you set sight on it. Sin city. Not sin city like Las Vegas, because let's not jump a few centuries into the future.

The bloody red sky, which contracted and engulfed the portal which held the only way back to blue and sunny purity, overwhelmed you. What were you going to do in hell?! You wanted to go to earth! Not hell!

Still deep in thought it didn't hit you until you hit it; 'It' being the ground. Rolling to your side with a groan you contemplated options now that you were in the centre of sin.

"What shall I do now?" You stared up at the pentagram floating in the sky.

"First off you can hide those wings," clambering off the ground you take your angel blade and point it at the demon... wait, that wasn't a demon.

"Luci?" He tips his hat back with a confused expression. Getting a good look he looked the same, but his skin was paler, and his eyes were now black instead of the previously golden colour. Other than the two pink circles on his cheeks that distinguished him from the others, it was his smile. When he was in heaven he had the same smile, but more loving and less sinister than the one it was now, but same nonetheless.

"Who-" realisation hit him the moment you pushed back your disheveled hair. "Y/n?" Giving a sure nod he dropped his apple topped cane and engulfed you in a hug. "Sister, why are you down here?? Did that oaf Gadreel spread a rumour father believed?!"

"No! No..." as he pulled from the hug and saw the tears threatening to fall he knew you had done something on your own accord.

"You jumped..." giving another nod he sighed in frustration and dusted you off. "You imbecile, did you really expect to fall to earth and live that sinned fantasy?"

"It was for freedom and not sin, brother,"

"Sin nonetheless," he hands you a handkerchief with a small apple and his initials embroidered into it. Dabbing away the water works he lifts your chin to face you. "You need to go back,"

"From what I just pulled, your father would have no mercy," dusting off your once white dress you looked around. "A rogue angel is another mistake he won't let go of easily,"

"A wise thought but not a wise decision from the beginning," Your eyes looked back at the only bright light that didn't emit red. It was a faded view of heaven. "There is no way to earth,"

"No way out?? Are you sure of it?"

"Positive," biting down on your lower lip Lucifer wrapped a supportive arm around you. "But you shouldn't fear loss, instead this may be a quite the adventure for you, sister!"

"Adventure of what sort?"

"The sort which includes freedom," Your brother picks up his cane and walks with you towards a large castle which fit that of what he described when talking to you about a new world he'd create.

~~~

First opening chapter, yes there will be another opening chapter but Alastor will be introduced soon!!!

- Anna ❤️