Chapter 22 - Wedding plans

Pages amongst pages of what seemed to be a pinterest board in physical form was covered in a thin laye of dust, grim slowly eating its way towards the centre as age caught up with it. From wedding dress designs, to floral arrangements and venue, this book held it all.

"Oh, don't you remember how Anna and Mariam wanted to make all five in case you changed your mind on the day?" Gabriel nudges you as you turned to the dress page.

"I'm certain they would have made them against my choice, you know them,"

"Anna and Mariam?" Charlie looked up from beside you.

"My two best friends, though I was more like their mother, wasn't that right, Gabe?" The angel hums in agreement as you flipped over to the right page you were ready to alter. "Now, this is where you come in,"

"Roles?" You nod and take out a pen, now this page was mainly empty, only two roles being fitted in, Gabriels Best Man and your Maid of Honours. Of course you had given maid of honour to Anna and Mariam, unable to choose back then.

"It will be a shame these two won't be here for it..."

"Of course they will! Darling, we aren't having our wedding down here," quirking a brow at your fiance he gives the brightest smile you just melted at. "My love, we're having our wedding in Heaven!"

"What?!" The entire group shouted in unison, including you. Hearing a thud and a sigh of frustration, Lilith was bent down over Lucifer who was yet again, unconscious.

"Hold on, how?"

"You think my trip down here was for a mere visit? It took decades but I finally was able to convince god to let me take you, and a few demons up into heaven, as long as they were behaved!" It seemed the Magne family had a fainting problem as Charlie passed out in Vaggies arms.

"Mi Princessa?!" The moth demon cried out in worry.

"I'm... ok..." the princess mumbled.

"How? What?" The explanation was lengthy and complicated but at the end you smiled at the genius of your soon to be husband. You couldn't help but tackle him out his chair and shower him in affection. "Thank you, thank you, thank you,"

Bit by bit, with every kiss you gave, Alastor's smile seemed to fade. His eyes dimmed into darkness as the tips of his tufts of hair flopped to the sides. As you gave a tight hug to Gabriel, the angels eyes landed smugly on Alastor, who let light static fill the air.

Who else but Husk to notice this? This baleful grin that he couldn't mistaken for anything else.

Before a word could be spoken or another sight set on Alastor's reaction, he was gone. You however were too distracted to focus on a missing demon, you were just beyond estatic at the news.

~~~

"Us?" Nodding again, Charlie and Vaggie looked slightly unsure.

"I'm not letting my niece and her girlfriend be left out! Anyways, who else is going to fit the roles?" that's all it took for the girls to be on board, Charlie jumping into your arms as Vaggie smiled softly.

~~~

"So? will you be up for it?" intimidating silence passed over until the reply was said, a single oink filling the room.

"He says yes,"

"Great!" Turning to Niffty she gave a thumbs up, now you've got your ring and train bearer. You couldn't wait for Nuggs to hold your train as he trotted down the aisle in his suit and top hat.

~~~

"Luci, please," Following your brother down the hall as he sorted preperations for the next overlord meeting, Lilith stood by his side with a sympathetic smile for you.

"I am not going up there to face him," he snarls.

"You won't have to talk to him! Luci, please, you're my only family... My mum and dad won't be there... at least let me have my brother and sister in law be there for me?" your voice of sorrow never failed you as Lucifer gave in.

"Fine,"

"YES! Thank you!" Giving them both hugs you run out to tell Gabriel the great news.

~~~

"Alastor, please calm down," another crash and bang followed, echoing effortlessly through the red draped mansion. There another record went- and another- and- "ALASTOR!"

"WHAT?!" His voice was distorted. Broken. Shattered. Just like each shard of vinyl against the marble floor. No trace of humanity was left in his glowing orbs shadowed by darkness. Antlers reaching beyond the horizon, Rosie was left with the hollowed form of her friend.

"Alastor..."

"What is it, Rosie?" his cracked voice filled the open room, his head falling, staring at the damage you-... no, the damage he had done. His actions caused this, not you.

"I know what you're thinking about, so stop it at once,"

"I have nothing... I let myself get ahead, get caught up in weakness and it led me here," his knees hit the clatter as he formed back to his normal self.

"No, no, no," Rosie rushed over to her friend, clutching his tear stricken face.

"She's getting married, Rosie! Married! It took one question- one moment and she was his! I didn't know I meant so little..."

"Alastor, you mean so much to her-"

"Then why did she choose him?" He cut her off.

"Poor timing, pressure, spur of a moment? Alastor, there are many factors! Your apparent thought of her lacking in care is down right idiotic," the demon wiped away stray hairs from his face. "Promise you will think of this nonsense no more?"

"How can I? I am to accompany them to Heaven, witness everything myself,"

"Well if you are to do so, then enjoy the bliss of purity, maybe even reconsider joining the princess on her idea of redemption,"

"Never," he says with a soft chuckle causing the female overlord to smile.

"Figure out when you are set to leave so I may help you ready yourself,"

"I need no such mothering,"

"You will need what you can get, Alastor," she says sternly before lifting him up. "Now sort yourself out and find out before I need to do so myself," she hands his jacket to him and straightens out his bow tie.

"Thank you, Rosie,"

"You're welcome," with a pat to his cheek he disappeared from sight leaving silence... until a lamp crashed on the ground. "Damn,"

~~~

Wowie! A second chapter in a day??? Special special

- Anna ❤️