Chapter 16 - Suspicions

This morning was a mess. At least for Angel it was... zooming back and forth all over his room he did his best to pack everything he needed. Of course he also had to pack for fat nuggets who had to be taken along considering Cherry Bomb was busy while he was to be away.

As for the rest, it was a simple morning, though of course you were ordering everyone around to make sure everything was packed for the trip. Obviously Niffty was your right hand gal.

"No, Husk! Put that with the tents!" Niffty knew to jump off your shoulder and rush to help the hungover cat.

"Hey, doll, where do I put these?" Gabriel levitated the cooking equipment by his side which he did as his hand glowed an emerald green.

"Just over there, Gabe," he nods and walks away as your eyes trailed after him.

"Looking at something?" You physically jump back to see Vaggie smirking beside you.

"No," you say as confidently as you could. She just hums and walks away leaving you to sigh in relief. "Oh hey Angel," the spider demon struts down in full pink and sparkly camping gear. "Quite the dazzler,"

"You know it, toots," he sends you a wink before walking off with his duffle-bag, Fat nuggets in tow with his own duffle-bag. You chuckle quietly as you finally turn to the elevator to see Alastor walk out in his own camping gear. It wasn't much of a difference from his usual attire, though his usually tight fitting coat was replaced with a loose red overcoat of the same design; his collar was upturned and bow tie now choking him less; as for his pants, they were the same though they were more hunting material and baggy rather than the usual fine cotton. It took quite a while for you to stop staring and greet him properly.

"Looking ready as ever,"

"Feel just so," he fixes his collar and smiles down at you. "The question is... are you?"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" You wore a turtle neck, a puff vest and some leggings along with your favourite boots.

"Not quite the right attire," giving a frown he chuckles and clicks his fingers. Immediately you were in a walking skirt which reached just below your knees along with a long, shaped jacket over a collared shirt. The fabric was a freeing yet warm f/c material which made you smile.

"Not bad,"

"You look magnificent, my dear," you curtesy and lower your head to hide the small blush.

"Thank you, kind sir," you both chuckle and walk past Gabriel who nearly snapped a tent pole in half; which only Vaggie caught... her suspicious thoughts swarming freely.

~~~

"Thanks for volunteering to drive us, Vince,"

"No... prob... lem.... y/... n," you give him a bag of cecropia leaves which he happily took as you closed the drivers door for him.

"Why is a sloth driving us, doll?"

"Don't underestimate a sloth, Gabriel," the archangel looks into the driver seat to see Vince flipping him off and munching on a leave. "Vince is a perfectly good driver," Alastor waves to Vince who smiles back.

"Right,"

"Let's go!" You take both men's hands and pull them into the limo.

~~~

You sat by the window so you were able to talk to Vince; he said he'd rather sit alone for the trip so there was no need to feel guilty. With Al to your left and Gabe to your right you happily read your book in silence enjoying the modern music that Charlie put on.

As each song passed you slowly moved into a comfortable position against Alastor, curling your legs up which made him smile and continue reading his own book. Eventually after losing all focus you listen to the songs and lip sync along, obviously once or twice per slur Alastor voiced his distaste.

"Oh lighten up, smiles, this is quality," Angel bopped his head along with the music which you followed along.

"Honestly," the Radio demon scoffed.

"Fine, you go and pick," Alastor got tossed the phone controlling the music which he clung onto as if it were a diaper. "Go on," Angel teased knowing Alastor didn't know how to use a phone.

"Just type up the song name," you fixed the phone in his grasp and let him do it. Of course to no surprise he slowly input each letter with his index finger causing Gabriel to snicker and Alastor to conjure his Mircophone. "No... Gabe, stop laughing,"

"Sorry!" The Archangel says sarcastically which flew over your head.

"Now, which song is it,"

"This one right here, I'm sure," Puttin' on the Ritz by Fred Astaire plays which makes Alastor grin but Angel groan.

"Boo! Old man music!" Charlie quickly shut Angel up with a shiny piece of jewellery as Alastor emitted radio static.

"Alright... let's calm down a little. I have a solution," you take the phone and search up a playlist. "Alastor likes swing and Angel likes upbeat modern music," pressing shuffle immediately a good song comes on; Voodoo Queen by Atom Smith. Not a complaint was voiced as Angel got into the groove with Fat nuggets as Alastor tapped his fingers along.

"Get that thing away from me," Husk growls as Angel holds Fat nuggets up to him.

"Gimme my child," you reach out for Fat Nuggets which makes him squeal in delight and jump in your arms. "Hello, darling," you cradle the pig and conjure up a bottle to feed him.

"Adorable," Gabriel coos as he watches fat nuggets feed on the bottle with his eyes closed. "May I?" You smile and hand over the pig only for Fat Nugs to open his eyes, squeal in fright, gnash and cower away from Gabriel, jumping to Alastor.

"What the-?" With a confused glance to Gabriel who was holding his finger in pain.

"Damn thing bit me!"

"Are you alright?" Gabriel waves his hand up and down to rid it of pain before sighing.

"Yeah I'm alright," the angel looks to Alastor who cradled Fat Nuggets flawlessly to the amazement of everyone.

"Why isn't Alastor scaring Nugs?"

"Or eating him?" Vaggie adds on with concern.

"I know how to care for a child, I'm not a monster," Once the bottle was finished Alastor placed a pacifier that he conjured up in Fat nuggets mouth.

"I've never seen something so cute," you mumbled as Niffty took a photo with her phone. As you cooed to Nuggs by Alastors side Vaggie watched as Gabriel sneered and conjured a blade before disappearing it from sight; unbeknownst to her, Angel had seen the same thing.

~~~

Hi! I'm very tired and want to go to sleep but I'm doing my best to finish off chapters for you guys!

Know that I love you!

- Anna ❤️