Chapter 24 - Boxes

With large boxes in her arms, Niffty walked down the hall, just about to turn the corner.

"Don't worry, my darling, I'll get it," Gabriel whispered into his phone. Stopping immediately, Niffty backed up against the wall and placed down the boxes. "I'll marry her, get the bank code and we'll be rich,"

"I don't know why we couldn't just blow up the damn safe!" A woman shouted from the other side of the phone causing Niffty to jump.

"We can't it's protected with Angel magic, Sarah," Niffty held back a gasp at the familiar name. "Hold on, I think i heard something..." Footsteps approached causing the cyclops demon to use her needle to create a flap and clamber into the boxes.

"What is it?" Sarah said over the phone.

"Nothing, just some damn boxes," Gabriel kicked the boxes to the side not noticing the now slightly hurt demon inside, planning his demise.

~~~

"This is amazing!" You spun around in your pure white dress with gold trim. Anna and Mariam backed up to let you walk freely in your attire.

"I wonder where Niffty is with that box of flowers..." Charlie piped up.

"Yeah... we'll go check on her," Vaggie and Charlie both walked out the room and down the hall. Seeing a pile of boxes limping Vaggie rushes over with her girlfriend. "Niffty?"

"Vaggie?" the cyclops demon drops the boxes and stumbles over.

"Who did this to you?" Charlie growls causing the girls to jump in surprise.

"I-"

"We need to go to Y/n right now," Vaggie lifted her up as Charlie took the boxes.

"No! No, wait, not yet," Niffty exclaimed making the girls look at her confused. "We need to go to Al," Vaggie turned to Charlie who nods and leads the way to the room where the boys were residing.

~~~

Alastor drained his drink wistfully into his mouth, the smooth liquid burning his mouth... though he was sure this wasn't really alcohol. It was his fifth drink and not a blur yet. Damn Heaven. Angel and Nuggs played in the corner with Husk who was trying not to show a trace of joy.

"Al," The boys turned to the door to see Vaggie holding Niffty and Charlie looking worried. Glass shattered in Alastors hand as he rushed over.

"What happened?" He snarled as Charlie closed the door and locked it behind them. "Who did this to you?" Niffty pushed herself out of Vaggies arms and fell into Alastors grasp, her whimper filling the room when her leg felt impact.

"Niffty, tell us who did this,"

"Gabriel-" Husk smashed his bottle of hell made booze against the table. "No wait! He didn't know I was there!"

"What do you mean?"

"I was in the box-" Before they could ask Niffty answered. "I was hiding because he was talking on the phone with someone,"

"Who was he talking on the phone with?" Charlie kneeled down beside the demon.

"Sarah... It was something about a bank account..." The group thought for a moment before all gasping, though some more evident than others.

"That son of a biscuit!"

"How is she still alive?!"

"Oh, he is dead!"

"Guys!" Niffty yelled above all the chatter. "You can't tell her..."

"What? Why not?" Angel asked, slightly confused.

"Because we don't have any evidence," Alastor mumbled.

"We don't need-"

"We do, Mi Princessa, she will not believe us if we don't no matter if we are family or friends..." Vaggie clutched Charlies hand as she sighed. The group looked to Alastor for much needed leadership out of instinct.

"Then we find evidence... I may not know much about filthy modern technology but I've heard you are able to find out recent phone activity?"

"Smiles is right... don't worry, I'll get that evidence, I know my way around phones,"

"Wait, what about the wedding?" Husk raised his brow.

"We will figure it out-"

"You better do it fast because it's in two days," They all looked to each other with concern but stopped when the door was knocked on. "Coming!"

~~~

"Here are the flowers," Mariam took the boxes out of Liliths hands. "Sorry, Niffty got lost and gave them to Charlie who also got lost!" The queen of hell laughs before walking in.

"That's alright," Mariam chuckles and lets the woman into the main room.

"Y/n, my, you look extravagant!"

"Thank you, Lil," Walking back onto the pedestal the two girls started to place the flowers around the dress, making small talk with Lilith who happily drank some wine chilled in a silver bucket of never melting ice.

Humming softly to yourself, you were too lost in thought about the future to realise Lilith staring uncertainly at you. The way your e/c eyes glowed softly in the glimmering heavenly light, the way you swayed the wedding dress. She just could bring herself to mention to you what her daughter had informed her... thank Satan her husband hadn't heard the conversation the group had.

You had to find out some way.

But she knew it was useless without the needed evidence, you were too stubborn. In fact the only way you found out about the former and apparent affair Gabriel had with that mortal woman was through a picture of the two too close for comfort.

Gabriel did say it was a false accusation. An edited photo, but editing technology had just arrived in heaven so surely it was impossible to fake. You were stubborn but you weren't that stupid to ignore such crucial evidence.

Now the allowed denizens of hell who crossed the path none ever thought was possible were subjected to a task that seemed nearly impossible.

But these were sinners for christ sake! Even the queen and princess of hell were involved!

Cunning and scheming were just a few notable traits hell's population shared.

So getting that evidence would be easy right?

~~~

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

- Anna ❤️