Chapter 5 - Invite to tea

Early mornings in hell were awfully wonderful. Yes it was hell but it was such a dramatic contrast to that of heavens early mornings. How you may ask? Well, heavens early mornings resembled that picture perfect American dream neighbourhood. Those mums in conservative work out clothing fast walking along the sidewalk talking in groups; they were either gossiping or chattering randomly out loud, giving you the fakest smiles possible. Business men on meeting calls as they clutched their briefcases tight, the occasional side glance from time to time.

Hell, however, had chaos. The early morning smog and hungover denizens drifting from side to side either by foot or in a vehicle brought a calm sense to you. No pretentious mothers or stuck up business men.

Just chaos...

So in light of it, you would always take a morning stroll; take in what you could before the day ahead.

Your shoes tapped along the littered pavement; you would occasionally find the empty booze bottle and throw it in the bin (that was the angel in you). As predicted you saw those hungover citizens exit brothels, clubs, apartments and alley ways. Of course this opted you to start your daily game of counting falls.

Oh! Right into a pole!

...

Wait for it... Yup there he goes

...

Come on, dear, use the wall for- Nope

...

Here we have it folks! The race of the century ending in- a crash and burn!

God I sounded like Alastor for a second...

As this game continued you found yourself on the outskirts of pentagram city. A winding road leading out into the country side; surprisingly a lot of demons went camping but not a lot come back...

Imbeciles

Seeing the fact everyone should be having breakfast as of now you decided it was best to get back.

~~~

"Hey, Aunty!" Charlie runs up to you with a envelope.

"What's that, sunshine?"

"Dad wants us all over for lunch," she hands over the white card with gold accents in the form of an Apple pattern.

"Is that so?" You read over the card which was overly formal for what you presumed was going to be payback for you stealing his pie.

Dearest Charlotte,

It has come to my attention you have recruited more people to take part in your absurd idea; apparently even the Radio Demon himself. Well, I would like you all to attend tea this afternoon at the palace. Do invite your Aunty, I would like to discuss something with her.

Apple kisses,
  Lucifer Magne

Your rolled your eyes at the obvious insult Lucifer placed at the beginning directed to Charlie's idea of redemption. Handing back the card to your niece you walked with her to the dining room for breakfast.

"I'm sure there no use of us declining or he'd come over and wreck the place," Charlie gives a light nod. "Send Razzle and Dazzle to tell your father we accept the invite and will be there at 12,"

"What should I tell the others?"

"Tell them to dress appropriately," you kiss Charlie on the forehead before leaving to your room to prepare an outfit.

~~~

Fitting on a f/c dress with bell sleeves you place on knee high boots before styling your hair to your liking. Giving yourself a wink in the mirror you grab your bag and walk out your room. Quickly getting to the lobby you saw everyone waiting.

"Shall we?"

~~~

The palace was high on top of a hill. The towers stemmed as high as the pollution clouds. The sandstone walls and iron gates which outlined the premises was at least a two stories high. As for the actual palace, it was white in colour, gold outlines engraved in detail on the main entrance. The resemblance of heavens palace was something which made you nostalgic; it showed Lucifer still had a little angel left in his apple heart.

You all got out the limo and walked up the marble steps which were covered in a velvet carpet. There at the door was Lucifer and Lilith, looking confident as usual.

"Lucifer," you were the first to greet your brother.

"Y/n, thank you for accepting the invite,"

"I doubt my say would sway the decision as a whole," you sneer. Everyone greeted the king and queen, you and Charlie doing more comfortably than the others, though Alastor seemed to be enjoying their struggle.

"Tea will be in the gardens, It is a lovely day," Lilith says lightly.

"Always the one with style, Lilith," you could feel Lucifer glare burn into you from the side.

"I actually chose to have it in the garden,"

"Oh then I take it back, horrible choice, have you seen the pollution?" You casually say as Lucifer turns red in anger. Holding back a snicker the group watches in anticipation as you walked down the steps to the garden. To no surprise apple trees blossomed at every corner; There were classic marble statues of biblical moments scattered around the large garden, all surrounded by thorned rose bushes.

There at the centre under a shade was a large table with tea: there was sandwiches, pastries, salads, and other must haves. Of course Lucifer placed everyone in arranged seats as he'd like it. You were by his side as Charlie was at Liliths side; but of course he was at the foot of the long table, one which reminisced that scene from that mortal book 'Alice in Wonderland'.

This was surely going to be an interesting experience.

Especially with whatever payback Lucifer had planned for you...

~~~

*Extra sweater weather finger guns*

- Anna ❤️