STARTING ANEW (29)

Dieko

"-So from today forward, you're going to do all the house chores, anything she sends you, you must not complain, shebi you're hearing."

"Yes ma." I nod in mock salute.

"We are going to beg her on Saturday."

"We?." I raise an eyebrow.

"Both of us." Feyi rolls her eyes, "We are both going to beg your mum."

"Awwn, thanks for helping me." I pull her into a hug, "At least if she slaps me, we'll both chop the slap together."

She pulls away eyeing him. "You're not serious."

∆∆∆∆∆
"Are you ready?." Feyi asks for the hundredth time today.

I nod.

For days now, I've done every single thing mum asked me, whenever she sends me to buy something, I make sure I come back early, I don't even grumble when she sends me on an errand and it's all because of NISSMUN.

I told Feyi the reason why mum didn't want to let me go and she said a little begging would do the trick so she was the one who gave me the idea of being a really good girl so mum would consider at least.

So now, we are on our way downstairs to beg mum, she has already shouted at me so nothing else could go wrong.  Worst case scenario, she'll slap me, slap cannot kill abeg but I need to try again, I really really want to go for NISSMUN.

"Are you sure this going to work?." I ask her.

"Of course it is, have I ever failed you?."

Yes, Feyi, yes you have. A lot of times.

I stay silent.

"And besides, there's no way she can resist my cute face, she'll give in immediately."

"Oh wow." I nod.

Two hours later
"Mummy, please." I plead, my knees are already aching badly even though we're kneeling down on the tiled marble floor.

"Aunty Lola, please." Feyi says beside me.

Mum stares at the wall clock hung on the wall opposite us. "You girls know that it's been two hours right?, Are your knees not hurting?, better stand up."

"But Aunty Lola please, Dieko really wants to go for the conference."

"She has told you the real reason why I don't want her to go right?."

Feyi nods. "I promise you, her going to Abuja is even going to be good for her, and then it's just for some days, the hotel we are even going to stay is not even close to where you guys used to live so there will not be any unwanted memories."

"Really?, And how do you know that?."

"I'm friends with the Principal's daughter, she told me where we are going to be staying and then I made my investigations."

Ah, Feyi can not make heaven, The Principal certainly DOESN'T have a daughter but I stay quiet, I really want to go after all and she was only doing this for my sake.

"Really?." My mum face softens.

"Yes ma."

My mum sighs, that's a good sign, she's giving in

"I really don't want you to go, Dieko, but, I'm just going to pay because of Feyi and I know you'll be able to handle yourself."

Finally, after two whole hours.

"Thanks, mum" I stand up hugging her tight. She laughs and wraps her arm around me hugging me back.

Feyi smiles triumphantly before giving me a look that says 'I told you so.'

∆∆∆∆∆
After profusely thanking my mum, I head upstairs leaving Feyi with Ayo, she's begging him to make something for her to eat, that girl likes food too much.

I decide to watch a film on YouTube so I pick up my phone from under the pillow, I have three missed calls, all from Ife. I call her back and she picks up on the first ring.

"Sorry for not picking earlier I was-"

She cuts me off. "Abeg fashi that one, I have news."

"Oh, just you?, Or is Dorothy there?."

"Nah, she's kinda sick."

"Really?."

"Yes, malaria, but she's getting better."

"Oh, thank God, I'll call her later."

"There's no point in you calling her, she can't pick up, her mum seized her gadgets, she said she needed to rest well if she wanted to get better quickly."

"Oh, so how do you know then?."

"She hasn't been in school for a while now so I asked her sister and she told me."

"Oh, okay then, so why were you calling me?."

"You know that conference we were desperate to go for in SS1 but we couldn't go cause the school didn't want any of it's students going?."

"How can I forget?." I laugh. NISSMUN is something we've always wanted to go to but my school stopped us from going at all when I entered JSS3. Apparently, one of the SS2 students that time had gotten pregnant in that conference, the parents of the girl almost sued the school, they thought she was raped or something until the girl confessed that she wasn't raped and she actually opened her legs for the boy willingly. The girl was expelled and since then the school didn't want any of its students going for it.

"They brought it back this year." She suddenly squeals.

"Seriously?."

"Yes, I don't know how or why but they brought it back, my dad is going to pay tomorrow."

"Eyahh."

"Is your school coming?."

"Yup and I am too." I reply smiling even though she can't see me.

"Really?." The excitement is evident in her voice.

"Yes."

"It's going to be the best week of my life, we are going to have so much fun together."

"I hope so."

"A lot of people in our set are going, except Akin sha. Are your friends coming too?."

"Yeah, why is Akin not going?."

"I don't know, he's not telling us...I'm sha happy we'll get to meet your friends."

I open my mouth to reply her when my door swings open and Feyi walks in, her face shows clear signs of anger and displeasure.

"Why didn't you tell me you're going on a date with Timi today?."

Oops.

•••••
Wow😳, how did Feyi find out?😂😂

I'm sha happy Dieko's mum allowed her to go for NISSMUN because there's going to be A LOT OF DRAMA. And of course, the drama can't happen without her naw so...

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Till next time guys

Byeeee❤️❤️❤️