STARTING ANEW (33)

Okayyyy, before i start this chapter, if you have read 'Ebube' by @Adaezekingz, there's a surprise in here😂😉, you'll see one of the characters, he wasn't really a main character in the book sha but I'm sure you guys will remember him😂and before you ask, i asked for permission from the author before I used one of her characters... with all that said, you can now read😂

Dieko

"Wow!." Nmesoma gasps as she looks around, "Abuja is a fine place o, I can't believe I've never been here."

"Don't sha start walking around, they said we should stay here together." I warn pulling my cardigan over my head, it's pretty chilly out here.

"I must take pictures to post on my IG page." Feyi makes to bring out her phone. I burst out laughing shaking my head. This children.

It's not even a fine place, what is Nmesoma saying?, Oh well, maybe it's because I've practically lived here all my life.

"Hey, you okay?." Feyi whispers putting her arm around my shoulders, "See where we're staying, I don't think it's anywhere near your house."

"I know." I nod.

She's about to open her mouth to say something again when our history teacher, Mrs Nwachukwu, comes back and tells us to be quiet so she can talk, we all know what she's going to say, she's going to remind us that we should be on our best behaviour, that boys must not go into the girl's rooms in the hotel and vice versa, we must be up early for the bus to be able to take us to where the conference is to be held on time, blah blah blah.

"Squeee." Feyi jumps clutching my arm tight.

"Erm, I'll really appreciate it if you like move away from me, you're stopping the blood flow in my arm." I eye her.

"Sorry." She smiles pulling away, "I'm just so excited, we're staying in the same room."

"Really?, How do you know?."

"Haven't you been listening?, She's been calling everyone's names and who and who are sharing rooms, it's me, you, Nmeso and Bridget, just what I hoped for ."

"Thank God, at least I don't have to room with Yemisi, that irritating girl." I roll my eyes.

Feyi laughs. "As much as I love you, I don't appreciate you talking about her like that, she's one of my best friends you know."

"Abeg, leave that one, the kind of friends you keep ehn." I hiss.

"Your own dey for your body, let's go inside, I can't wait to see our room." She squeals.

I roll my eyes as I pick up my bags, the girl is always so dramatic.

∆∆∆∆∆
"Seriously, Nmeso, put off that music, we have to be up early tomorrow." Feyi groans, I almost burst out laughing.

"Better don't complain o." I tell her, "Because when you used to do it for me in the room, you don't used to know."

"Payback is a bitch, girl." Bridget laughs too.

"You guys are just so annoying."

"I like your friends, Dieko, they are so nice, especially Dorothy." Nmeso gushes.

I smile. "Yeah, she's the nicest of the two."

Apparently, we weren't the only school staying in the hotel, apart from us, there were like three other schools including Creative Minds, I had introduced Ife and Dorothy to the girls and they got along quite well, I was even kinda happy Akin didn't come, it would have been so awakward.