James 2.2

"What's this?" He asked with disappointment written all over his face.

"Review materials for you. They were my books and notes when I was in first year. I hope they help you." I replied and his smile went back.

"But the semester is about to end." He said.

"Most of it are for your next semester. I know you're having a hard time with math and other subjects. So I hope this will help you." I replied looking away from his smile. Oh goodness his smile is so contagious. I feel so helpless, that one single smile is all what he needs to do to make me smile too. "Let's go home." I said.

"But I haven't had my dinner." He complained.

"We'll take out then." I replied. We left the terminal. I pushed him away everytime he tried to slyly hold my hand and he seemed to be enjoying it as he chuckles at the sight of me being annoyed.

"You look cute when you do that." He said.

"Do what?" I asked and he replied, "This." and copied my loopsided smile and my sarcastic laugh. I accidentally smiled loopsided out of habit but I immediately cut it and walked faster. Kevin ran to me and paced with my walk. We passed by Kevin's favorite fast food then we ordered and left. We hired a taxi and when we got back to the dormitory, Kevin insisted in sleeping in my room but I kept saying no. We just both compromised and decided that he'll stay for awhile in my room.

"Your room's a mess." Kevin noted.

"Well I told you to stay in your room." I replied while picking up clothes and putting them to my laundry basket.

"Since when did you have a guitar?" He asked as he noticed my guitar.

"I always have but sometimes my friends are borrowing it." I replied, "Do know how to play one?" I asked.

He then took at my guitar and positioned himself and started strumming. "No." He proudly replied. "But I love people who do." He added and looked at me. I replied my usual reply: a loopsided smile and a sarcastic laugh. He did his puppy smiled and pouted. He gave me the guitar and said "Please." I sighed and gave into his request. I took the guitar from him and sat at my bed. I positioned myself and started playing. At first there was no reaction from Kevin until he started to recognize the song.

"Is this Can't Let You Go by Cushe?" He asked with gleaming eyes.

I just smiled and continued playing. He then sat beside me. When I started singing the chorus part he sang along with me. We finished the song and I looked at him then said, "Well what a surprise! You know the song."

"My sister listens to local bands." He replied still with a smile oh his face. "Can you play another one?" He requested. I then smiled and begun playing again. At the first few chords he didn't recognize the song but as soon as I begun singing he sang too. "I love this song." He said in between the lines. He laid in my bed enjoying the music. "I wish we're always like this." I heard him say. I finished the song and put aside the guitar to lay beside him. He turned to me and hold my gaze. I asked if there was any problem. He smiled and replied, "You really look familiar to me."

"How can that be? I live in Pangasinan and you live in La Union." I replied.

"I don't know but I'm sure I have seen you somewhere." He said

I then smiled at the sight of his eyebrows brooding. He's so cute when he concentrates like that. I touched his forehead with my pointing and middle finger and made a round motion.

You're thinking too much." I said.

"Yeah." He replied and smiled. What a carefree attitude. I sighed and somehow I found myself smiling too. He just brings brightness to where ever he goes.