James 2.5

"Your brother said no. Let your brother and his friend enjoy." My mother said. Gladly my mom agrees with me. I don't need another person to look after. Kevin is already plenty enough. We had our breakfast and we got ready to go. Kevin grabbed his camera and we left home.

"So where are we gonna go?" Kevin asked.

"To the falls." I replied.

"Are we really going to go? I thought it's just an alibi?" Kevin said

"Where then do you want to go?" I asked him.

"How about the mall? I need clothes to change on." He said.

"Just how much money do you have? Can't you be a little thrifty?" I scolded him.

"What can I do? I don't have clean clothes left." He replied.

"I'll lend you mine. Let's just go to my favorite place." I said and he agreed. Not that he has much of a choice really. This is my place and I am in charge. We rode a tricycle and a jeep to arrive at a coffee shop. The moment we entered the barista immediately recognized me.

"James!" Mark called from the counter. "Since when did you came home?" He approached me

"I just came yesterday. Is Red around?" I asked and did a fist bump with him.

"Red is in the kitchen. Let me get him." Mark said and left.

"You're so famous, why didn't you tell me?" Kevin commented.

"Let's sit." I replied completely ignoring what he said. After a few minutes Red came out and sat with us. I introduced Red to Kevin while Mark took Kevin's order and went to make his order.

"Aren't you ordering?" Kevin asked.

"Oh don't worry about James. He's a regular here and he only have one order. Actually this is the only café that makes the best iced coffee for James. Am I right?" Red said.

"Yeah. Red is the owner of this café but more than that, he's also my senior in the theater club." I shared.

"Kevin back then was so timid I always put him in punishment but I owed him one. One night I was robbed and James happened to pass by. James helped me and rushed me to the hospital because I fought the thief and he has a knife. Gladly it wasn't serious. He basically saved my life so everytime I punishes him in the club I feel guilty." Red recollected while laughing enjoying the chatter.

"Oh yeah about the club. He's a new member." I said and Red was happy. He started bombarding Kevin with questions about the club. Red told Kevin the upcoming workshops, mostly the interesting ones. When our drinks and snack came MJ joined us. MJ is the barista of this Café since last year. Everytime I go here, he is the one who makes my drinks. We became friends when I told Red how great his iced coffee are. He got the right bitterness that I want. So since then only Mark makes my drinks. MJ and I talked while Red kept sharing stories of me to Kevin, basically Red told my club life to Kevin. Kevin seems to be enjoying knowing strories about me. I didn't mind it at all and it's not like I can scold or stop Red. After we finished our drinks we had to say goodbye. Then I brought Kevin to a nearby beach.

"We've been in beach for days and you wanted to go to the beach again? We should have just extended." Kevin complained.

"This is the beach my dad always brings me to. I thought you wanted to see this." I replied.

"Of course I want to see this. I love beaches." He changed his tone. We sat in the sand for a while. We stayed there for sometime. I just wanted to show him this special place. Im not sure why but I wanted him to know this place. Although I've been in love before I still can't understand why I am acting this way.