15 Getting Better?

<--Previously<--

Another thing they noticed was that, while the younger nurses wanted to call the child's guardian, the older doctors and nurses were against it saying sadly "This isn't the first time this happened... The kid is *thinking* treated horrible at home"

That's when it clicked. It didn't take to be a genius to figure it out, sad to say some of them were airheads like innocent Orihime.
However, even the ones with Air for brains, would realize what is happening the further they watched his childhood.
___________________________________
~Now~

Ichigo stayed in the hospital for 3 days now, tomorrow, he was supposed to be released. However that idea was postponed when Dr. Ishida entered the patients room.

He went into the room, grabbed a chair and sat near the bed. He mustered the child in front of him briefly before taking out the list on the foot of the patients bed; it contained information about: Who? Why? Since when and for how long will he be admitted.

Dr. Ishida sighed before, with the list on his lap, he looked at the child. 'Ichigo.. Kurosaki huh? So he's Masaki's son. I wonder how he grew up without her and only that swine of an adult...' while emersed in his thoughts he noticed how the child blinked at him repeatedly, slowly before looking down at his sheets. Ryuusai observed the younger figure in front of him. Being a doctor and psychologist made him act on his Observations quite often.

Ichigo had his knees drawn to his chest his head mostly slumping if not hiding there with his arms at his kneecapes. His eyes wide and slowly looking away when directly looked at... It was clear that he was wary, if not afraid, of something 'or someone' his mind whispered in addition.

The oranget was 11 years old according to his list and the extent of his injuries ranged between mild and noteworthy. He decided to come by because it's not good for a minor to come to the hospital so often, it could lead to-.. '...'

He arrived at multiple reasons, however something told him he should confirm that one. So he whispered, only for it to echo around the room to Ichigo's ears:
"Isshin.. "

The result was immidiate as Ichigo began to flinch and quiver, tears gathered in his eyes and his mouth trembled and his breathing quickened. The doctor then moved slowly as to not make the child in front of him start heaving or hyperventilate. He went to him, grabbed a blanket and drapped it over Ichigo's shoulders before sitting down again. With those kinds of cases it is best not to cause the victim any more stress, thus the doctor waited.

The clock on the wall ticked and ticked. After 5 minutes one could hear a scratchy breath from Ichigo. Ryuusai gave him a glass of water. He asked a few questions like "where is your school?" "do you have any friends?" "who are you?" and so forth.

His responses were of short lives like "there", "no" and "Ichigo...".

Sighing the doctor rubbed his temples "You will remain in the hospital for an extended period of time. Doctors orders.
..I also want you to participate in some activities with other patients"

Ichigo nodded, he had nothing against it. Thank goodness Yuzu and Karin were at a field trip and like his mom always said; listen to your doctor.
___________________________________

~with the observers~

Many looked at the other person that was in Ichigo's memories. Dr. Ishida merely said in a very professional tone "I wanted him to take a 'break' from any trigger of stress, as for the mentioned 'activities' well they serve as both stress relief and help for one's mental health".

"What do you mean 'help for one's mental health'?" asked Lilynette the doctor with glasses.

"I meant it like that" the prof pointed at a chair circle with people of many ages sitting there. Ichigo, was the only child there however. A few of the other patients looked either curious or gave sympathy since they have known of the young boy für quite a while now.

They did an Introduction, a few games (like toss a balloon or group competitions) with some music playing in the background. To some songs Ichigo hummed along to others he quietly sang along earning a few smiles.

~small time skip cuz I can~

A reporter came to the hospital for a documentary and Dr. Ishida as the head - doctor and owner showed him around with his camera-man. The tour finished when they came to the hall in which the activities were being held.

Currently it was a small talent show. An older man just showed a trick with cards for the kids who couldn't get out of bed and were thus quite bored. That's why the nurses then took them there for both entertainment and company. After the magic trick was finished Ichigo got enough courage and went on the small stage. He did the only thing that came to mind, he played a song from his phone's Playlist and sang the lyrics.

Faded by Alan Walker

"So he could sing since he was young? He should've participated in our talent show! Even Captain Kuchiki participated! 'though his was a non-comical joke' " said Rangiku with applause.

"Afterwards that documentary was a big hit, it got published on Mai 20th. On the social platforms however one could see that a good 40% were because of the activity shown set the end" the Quincy said.

"Wait a minute! I watched that!" came from Urahara who's mouth dropped with slumped shoulders.

"I did as well" said a giant Vizard in a green toxedo.

"When was 'White demon's's first video?" asked Captain Unohana.

"On the 24th of September. Bout two mortal years after that doc."
answered Grimmjow like it was a rehearsed question for a test.

"Wouldn't that mean that Ichi-nii was 13? Wait... " questioned Karin.

"What is it?" asked Hyorinmaru.

"Besides our age as baby's, that was the year I started finding photos of me and Yuzu" the black haired football ace replied.

"That was because he was finally becoming an adult again" told them Tensa with an eyeroll.

"? Who?"

"That raven father of his" answered Shiro darkly with a sneer on his face and narrow eyes.

"According to Ichigo he started living on his own after getting a Job by a photo shop" pitched in the inner spirit with the longest dark hair coupled with red eyes.

"HE WHAT!?"

Ichigo then passed through Byakuya which lead to a few smirks, amused eyebrows or plain laughter when the captain looked down on himself, then back up and blinked before looking behind himself where Ichigo was walking.

(Repeat of chapter 11-Happy times
->He meets Grimmjow)