009.

JUST FRIENDS!
Maisie's Point of View.
- July 09, 2020 -
*:‧₊˚

Today, I decided on doing one of my singing streams where I just talk with my chat and sing random songs that are requested, or silly little sections of tunes I wrote, but never finished. I watched my monitors, more specifically the one that had stream labs open as my chat began to flood in with many sweet greetings.

"Hey guys!" I smiled enthusiastically. "Welcome to the stream!"

YESSSS MUSIC MAISIE MUSIC MAISIE
UGH HER VOICE IS SO NICE
ITS BEDTIME FOR ME, SO SING A LULLABY

"I think I'm just gonna get straight into it!" I shrugged before I clicked around to adjust my just chatting facecam.

Without any further introduction, I began strumming my guitar, to tune it a bit, and looked closer at my chat to read what people had to say.

"Oh my god chat, yesterday at work-" I laughed. "Okay, so most of you might know, I work at a boba place." I explained, setting my guitar down.

"So like, this lady came in and asked for her drink with the tapioca pearls" I paused. "Which is the boba..."

"Yeah, she asked for the drink, and so I make her one, and when she gets it... she accuses me of trying to choke her?-" I tried to bite down my laugh. "So she then asks for the manager..." I smirked.

"But funny enough, I'm the manager." I said through a smile. "So when I tell her who that I'm the manager, and she kept bugging me for the manager, and then... she literally threw her drink at me" My lips made a thin line as I shook my head. "So, then I was covered in milk tea the rest of my shift." I hugged and picked my guitar back up. "Okay it's not that funny, but that's what happened to me." I began aggressively strumming and laughing.

"Can you please sing Sofia by Clairo?" I read from the chat
"Yea, actually!" I adjusted my seated position. "I was learning the chords literally last night!"

I adjusted my finger placements on my guitar that was held up on my lap as I sat criss cross applesauce on my chair. Picking up my guitar pick from my desk, I soon began strumming.

Nodding my head to the, I thought of the lyrics in my head, making sure I don't screw up.

"And before you guys say anything like "oh shes queer baiting" or any shit like that because I'm singing this sapphic song." I abruptly stopped strumming to speak. "Y'all, I like girls too." I blankly stared at my camera before laughing.

I continued to pick back up on the melody, strumming Say at my guitar and bopping my head in amusement, before I finally began singing.

I think we could do it if we tried, if only to say you're mine
Sofia, know that you and I, shouldn't feel like a crime.

I proceeded with the song, singing ever so softly as my chat hyped me up. A smile never leaving my face, I contemned to jam out and sweetly singing to my audience, when all of a sudden...

SAPNAP IS RAIDING WITH 29,727 VIEWERS!

Not realizing my sudden growing audience, I continued to sing and have a good time, jokingly strumming harder towards the end when I choked on my spit at the final realization

"OH COME- GOD DAMNIT." I was caught off guard. "Alright- fuck okay then. Welcome new viewers!" I said as I turned red out of slight embarrassment. I re-adjusted myself from my seat and began looking through my chat again instead of going back to singing when I received a phone call from him.

"Oh. Why are you calling me." I looked at my phone, and showed the notification to my stream. "Stop it." I stared directly at my face cam knowing he was probably watching.

"PICK IT UP!!!" He said in all caps in my chat as my audience copied his exact words in the chat.

"Alright, fine." I laughed and rolled my eyes, answering it with a smile on my face and putting it immediately to speaker.

"Hello?" I smirked and held my phone up to the camera.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU STOP SINGING?!" He aggressively yelled in a joking manner, making me cackle out of my seat. "OH MY GOD." I stood up and laughed.

"SING AGAIN!" He yelled as I couldn't stop smiling. "FOR ME? PLEASE?" He begged.

"No." I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"DO IT IF YOU LOVE ME!!" He practically screamed.

"Who said I loved you??" I said before I covered my mouth and laughed. "SUNNY." He defensively yelled.

"PLEASE SING I WANNA HEAR YOUR VOICE!" Nick yelled once more as I couldn't stop laughing.

"MAISIEEEE!" He complained "Hm??" I looked at my phone. "Do you love me?" He asked genuinely.

"Of course!" I made an obvious face.

"THEN SING!!" His end of the call practically cut out from how loud he was yelling.

"OKAY, OKAY FINE, JUSR STOP YELLING!" I covered my face in embarrassment since this conversation was live.

"Okay!" I could hear him smile. "Thanks. You can continue what you were singing before I accidentally interrupted, Okay bye!" He laughed before hanging up

I rolled my eyes and slammed my phone onto my lap before I looked at my face cam, flipping it off. "That one's for you, Sapnap." I mocked his online name before looking over to my chat, not being able to catch up with how fast it was going, slow mode or not.

"ARE YOU AND SAPNAP DATING?" I read out loud before slightly cringing, "Oh, noooo, no we're just friends." I laughed. "Best friends." I clarified. "But I do love the guy to death." I smiled big. "Lots of love for him... kinda."

As i finished reading more of my chat and the questions they were asking, I continued on with the stream and cracked my knuckles, picking my guitar back up and beginning to strum for the sake of Nick, since he begged.

Continuing on from where I left off, I took a deep breath;

Baby, you don't got to fight, I'll be here til the end of time, wishing that you were mine, pull you in, it's alright.

I think we could do it if we tried, if only to say, you're mine Sofia, know that you and I, shouldn't feel like a crime...

authors note
idk what this is .. but YEAH YEAH
hmmmm, i'm really tired and i think
i might fail school atp even tho i'm on
top of all my work... idk man

lolz i luv u :3 & TY FOR 2K reads
on this book, aswell as 1K followers
wattpad is truly my happy place

update: dec 27, 2023
i'm actually so like. i remember writing this bc i was super into clairo at this point in time. HAVAGXAHHAHAA