Chapter three

I make it in class and take the seat nearest to the back, pain travels up my spin the moment my ass meats the seat. I do everything I can not to groan in pain but I do, I look around to make sure I didn't get any attention and then breath out when no one looks at me.

The room slowly fills up and a couple sits next to me, they make such a cute couple and I try not to stare for too long. The girl is pale white with blonde flawless hair that drop in soft curls, he face is angular with freckles and brown stunning eyes, she's got an a blue sweater as I can only see from the waist up.

He man has dark eyes as his Asian features highlight his face, he's got full lips and has a grey shirt on. I watch how he take his girls hand and kisses the back of it and she gives him a shy smile, I bow my head not wanting to get called 'the mute girl that stares' on my first day.

The bell rings and the teacher walks in, she doesn't even bother to take the presence or so I thought until she said my name "Do we have an Aviana Campbell?" She looks up and I raise my hand slightly, her eyes fine mind and she give me a smile "Welcome." About twenty heads turn to me making me really uncomfortable.

"Okay guys if you want to keep staring just ask her for a picture," someone says but I don't know who it is because I'm doing all I can to avoid eye contact right now "hey," the same feminine voice says "new girl!" I lift my head to meet the girls eyes, it's the blonde with a boyfriend.

"Aviana right?" She asks and I nod "I'm Tamyne and this is my boyfriend Xaz." I note the way she pronounces his name caz. "Welcome to Hemsworth high." She smile leaning on her desk.

Hensworth? So that's where we're at? This has be to be the smallest town in the world, if it wasn't for its stable population the town is good as dead.

I try not to acknowledge her afraid to even make friends at this point, the last thing I need is for us to move again. "Hey," she says again and even if I try to ignore her it wouldn't be for long "babe swap seats with me." I hear her say and Xaz moves with no hesitation. "Aviana," I look up at her "are you deaf?" She signs and I shake my head.

"You're just not much is a speaker?" She tires again and I nod, I watch her almond coloured eyes absorb me for a moment then she looks over her boyfriend, he shrugs then her attention is back on me. "You should have lunch with us."

"Baby I don't think you can just invite her like that," Xaz says before I can even kindly decline her offer.

"But she's new and she'll need friends right?" She looks at her man and they go silent, I watch them stare into each other's eyes and I assume it's a couple thing but if I was tripping I'd think they're communicating telepathically. I watch Xaz raise an eyebrow at Tamyne and then he lowers kissing her forehead.

She turns back to me giving me a small smile "I hope you have a good experience here, it's a small town so nothing really happens." She turns back to her man and snuggles next to him.

I take it she's dropped her attempt to talk to me so I go on my day with no worries, when lunch comes around I don't dare go near the cafeteria but instead I go sit at a near by bench. Usually I would listen to music on my small iPhone 5 but that got confiscated from me yesterday.

The fear of going back home grows in the pit of my stomach wanting nothing more but to run away or something, but what happens when I do? Where will I go? I'm only sixteen after all, he'll find me and then beat me to death making me wish I never left in the first place.

The back of my eyes sting and I go to quickly wipe my tears away and take a quick glance around to see if anyone saw me crying, when I realized I'm the least of everyone's problems I take my bag off and search for my note pad.

The last thing I got from my brother was a note pad, he gave it to me thinking I could take a new hobby instead of worrying all the time but I never got used to it, I didn't touch the note pad until I got the news that he 'committed suicide' and ever since then I've draw hidden messages.

My father once found a picture of a little girl cradling a limp body with another boy beside her, he was crouching down and I made sure to put hearing devices in his ears. The boy had his arms up in a protective force field creating a bubble around the three, outside the bubble was a dark faceless shadow lingering and waiting to interrupt.

He read through the lines and realized I've drawn the night he killed our mother, he tore the drawing up and took everything away from me. No Tv, no phone, no food, no friends, no life and he even took away my showering privileges for a while until I earned them back.

Life is like hell for me, and for some reason my brothers promise to getting me out of here gives me hope. Even if he's just a ghost now, I'll get out of here, if it's the late thing I do.