Chapter eighteen

"We can build a wall if you want." The sudden sound of his voice scares but soothes me. I shake my head wanting to feel that sense of security again but the fear that he'll hurt me overwhelms me.

He looks over at me and I drop my gaze, I don't see him move but his ruffling tells me other wise. My eyes stay on the neat sheet afraid he'll reject me if I move a muscle, I can feel my body start to react to how close he is too me. Even though I don't know how it got there my hand is by my side turning my upper half towards him.

I feel a warm tip of a finger under my chin causing me to flinch softly but he doesn't back away, his finger raises my head leaving me no choice but to meet his eyes. I watch him watch me as I feel myself slowly start to down in his ocean eyes.

Do I scare you Aviana? Hearing his voice is another different type of consolidation I can't explain.

A little bit. I take my chance to answer him and watch a flicker of discomfort cross his face, knowing me I could pick out any emotion that requires pain or hurting since that's literally all I know.

Try to understand that I would never hurt you, that thought is out of reach. His attempt to assure me works for a second and then I remember everything I ever needed get snatched out my hands, I don't want to get attached and then lose him. What are you thinking about?

I don't get why you want me. I try looking away but his finger just raises me head instantly.

You don't get how hard it if for me to see you like this, you hate getting in contact with me like I'm poison. Your fathers lies and failure have led you to believe that all men are like him when I'm nothing like him, I need you to give me a chance to prove to you that I'm worth it. I freeze at his semi speech.

I'm broken Quade. I start to tear up at the thought of me looking in the mirror, I'm not what he wants. His hand moves form under my chin and he tucks hair behind my ear.

Not to me. His words are soft and make my stomach flip but I just don't believe him.

I'm not what you want. His face goes stern and cold making me look away regretting ever sharing my honesty, for all the years of beating I should have learnt to let the bigger guy hear what they want.

He goes and picks up my hand making me rearrange myself crossing my legs facing him, This is what you do to me, he puts my hand over his left chest and I feel his heart drumming up beat and hard. My eye water up fast and this is what you do to my wolf. In an instant both of his hand are on my face and I feel our lips collide.

I back away almost immediately catching him by surprise, "I'm sorry I-shit-I didn't mean to push you." His apology is broken but sincere, I looked at him still in shock form my first kiss. He backs away distancing himself away from me until he's off the bed and moving.

My eyes drop to the now ruffled sheets and I find my hand move to slowly gaze my lips, he kissed me. As foreign as the feeling is I kinda liked it, I look up too see a over concerned Quade. He doesn't even give me a chance to tell him I'm okay and just bolts closing the door behind him.

My first instinct is to go after him so leap off of his side and swing the door opening rushing after him. I step out onto cold marble floors and do a full three hundred and sixty before I realize I wouldn't be able to go after him even if I tired, I have not idea which way he went or my way around.

I give up not wanting to get lost so I get go back into my room closing the door behind me, I park myself by the door for a second wishing he hadn't run of from my surprise. He probably thought he did something wrong, does he think I'm that fragile?

The thought keeps me up all night until finally the doorknob turns I look over at it from his side of the bed, I don't know why but just sitting where he was fills the little void in my heart. I watch him walk in just as he left but this time his alpha confidence radiates off of him.

"I have nothing planned for today." He takes a step forward and keeps moving until he's in front of me, I scout over giving him his spot back and he gets in effortlessly lifting the sheets and resting his head on the pillow. I watch his eyes close and he lift a arm under his head as his body relaxes on his back.

I too get in finally letting the fatigue come over me, I couldn't explain why but move to him putting my head on his left shoulder which is closer to me and then relax my body on his. His body warmth is enough to make me feel wholesome as I raise my hand to his side moving my head over his beating heart.

Okay this I needed. I start to feel myself kinda let go of my worries for the moment and just focus on his drumming heart, I feel his arm he was using as an extra pillow warp around me resting on my upper back. He then proceeds to lift my leg up with his free hand and drag it across to him.

I feel his hand rest on my outer thigh as I realize I've gone a bit stif. I feel my own heart drum to his touch and give away drifting in his arms.