Chapter seven

I don't get a blink of sleep waiting for the leader to fall asleep first which doesn't happen, he spends the few passing hours watching me fix my eyes on his counter opposite me until the morning birds start chirping.

I hear him stand and then the doors open and shuts, okay I need to go! I jump out of his bed and rush to put my shoes and backpack on before he comes back, I rush to where he was as there's three huge window there. I don't even try opening the curtains I just start my struggle to open the window.

It's not even that high of a jump so this will work, however I haven't seen windows like these before. I don't even know how to open them, I scan the window frame and see there's a handle that I have to pull and go straight for it. I literally tug on the handle until the window gives me a little entrance, I take my chance she push the window open until I have enough space.

I sit on the windowsill and the leap out landing on my feet. Pins and needles run up my legs but I ignore them and set off running the in direction Tamyne's car left off yesterday night. I try not having a mental breakdown as I escape for the second time but I can't help it, my paste slows as I find it hard to cry, breath and run all at the same time.

I don't even know what time it is! I don't have a phone so I cant call anyone for help, who would I call anyways? My father? Yeah right.

I don't know how and I don't know what time I make it but I get to school, I look up to see it's 7:47 so homeroom finishes in about three minutes. I go for the bathroom to see them empty so I'm kinda happy, I move towards the small boxed mirrors and lift my hoodie. My whole left side of my rib cage is a dark purple almost black with a hit of blue, my stomach has patches and red wounds both healed and still swollen.

God knows what the hell my back and arms look like at this point, I go approach the sink and wash my face. Wolf world. Those two words haven't left my head since last night, what the hell is wolf world? Why is Tamyne's boyfriend part of it? Is Tamyne part of it too? Is that why they call the leader alpha? Is he a wolf?

The bell rings scaring me back to reality, I dry my face and leave the bathroom as the halls fill up with kids. I keep my head down looking for my next class room, I know for sure it's game over if Tamyne finds me do I need to keep a low cover. I step into my biology class and take a seat near the back.

I try keep to myself not wanting to draw any attention to me but that doesn't stop someone from sitting next to me, the second bell rings and the teacher starts teaching without even doing to presence. At least I won't be fixated like yesterday.

The lesson goes on pretty calmly until the person next to me starts shuffling in their seat, I try not to pay any attention to it but I do look up to see a brown skin boy trying to get comfortable. He sees me looking and flashes me a white smile "School seats and I right?" I nod and drop my gaze.

The excruciating throb comes from my left side making me wince, I clutch onto my side waiting for the pain to pass but I doesn't. "Are you okay?" I hear the guy beside me ask, I quickly nod not wanting to draw any more attention. Come on Aviana, suck it up.

"If Aviana Campbell is present today please present yourself to the front office," the income over us roars and the receptionist repeats her statement. I freeze in my seat as the guy next me gives me a glance, I look up at him and then my eyes shift to the door.

Wait a damn minute. He doesn't know my name, why did he look at me side ways?

I wait until class is over before making my way to front office, I don't dare go in but instead I just linger outside seeing four adults in a small huddle. I see a figure I recognize too well, my father's here. Did he report me as a run away? Knowing him he probably made a whole sob story and everyone believes him.

I watch my dad turn and then his eyes lock on mine "Oh my gosh Aviana!" He rushes to me and hugs me squishing right "Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" He trucks hair behind my ear and I try not too but I flinch "Please don't do that ever again!" He hugs me again making me uncomfortable fast.

I know what this act is, he doesn't want anyone know that I was running from him so he plays the good dad card. The only thing I know is when we get home I'm going to get a beating. He's going to kill me.

When my father pulls away I'm faced with my principal "Aviana, I believe you new." He says "I'm your principal and these are your mentors," he gestures to the two guys next to him "if you need anything feel free to come talk to either one of us." I fake a smile to show my understanding and then he nods to my father.

"Let's get you home sweetheart." He dad taps my head and turns toward the entrance door.

No!