Chapter seventeen

Yellow, blue, red, purple are all plastered all over my back. I drop my gaze fast seeing I can't bare to look at myself anymore, I can't believe my father did this to me. And I was starting to feel sorry for him.

Now that I think about it, I should have burnt the whole house down riding myself the opportunity to go back. If I put up a good enough fight I would have stabbed him right in the throat and watched him struggle for air and then burn all the evidence down, at this point I wouldn't care about getting caught.

If the opportunity of poisoning us didn't come that would have been my game plan.

I turn around completely looking at myself in the oversized mirror, why would Quade want me? I'm literally broken. I have nothing to offer, I could barley sit probably three days ago. I'm dead meat. Tears start to pour out and I don't even try to stop them.

I don't know the responsibility of being an alpha's mate but by the way Mich looked at me I can tell I hold great power, power that I couldn't manipulate on my own. I know nothing about this wolf world, if anything I'm just a bland worthless human girl. I'm not what Quade wants.

He's just putting up with me, he has to deal with the fact that he got a pathetic deranged human who's traumatized beyond repair. Quade's gonna hate me when he finds out I'm not even experienced, I haven't even had my damn period yet! He's gonna hate me when he sees my body.

He'll see me and think "What the hell? This is what I get?" and I wouldn't blame him, I wouldn't want me as a mate either. I cup my eyes and start sobbing my heart out, I don't even know why Quade's validation is something I need, crave. I sense security when he's around that I only felt when my brother was here. But I can't bring myself to trust him.

He has power, over towers me and can easily toss me around like my father did if he wanted. He's a big intimidating guy and I can't top that. Even if my heart seeks assurance, as much as I want too, I can't. If anything I need to get out of here. But where will I go?

Now I'm back to square one but this time I'm in a safer environment somehow.

I've stopped crying but haven't gotten of the floor yet, I look up seeing myself in the mirror. I look helpless and fragile, skinny to the bone. I hate what I see so my eyes stick to the ground mostly by fatigue, my eyelids get heavier from the crying I just did so I lie down telling myself I'll only be here for a while and then I'll get back in bed.

I lay on my side using my head as a headrest, the floor isn't as cold now making it easy for me to feel drowsy. I don't know what I would do if my dad was still alive but I was still here, I think he would file me as a second time runaway and then beat the shit out of me when I finally get home.

I let out a shaky breath before going into a clam haze. I don't feel it instantly but strong arms carrying me carefully waking me up, my eyes squint before opening and seeing a mesmerizing Quade, even form this low angle. He looks down at me noticing my conscious state and then he puts me down.

I feel the fluffy comfortable bed I'm being dropped on before I back up on my own terms, he steps away from me and I watch him go into the bathroom I knocked out in. I hear the water start to run and then soft sound of bristles echoes around to bathroom before hitting my sound waves. My eyes go back to the main entrance where he probably came form and I drop my gaze to his shoes.

They don't look fancy like he's trying to show off but they definitely don't look worn out and used, the sound of the faucet stopping alerts me and I turn to see him walk out the bathroom. He makes his way over and passes me, I glance over at him watching his every move. With no word he take his shirt off head first then un buckles his belt.

My heart skips a beat as my left side sinks to the outcome of him probably getting in, he's gonna sleep here? With me? My eyes slowly make their way back to my thighs and it isn't until too late that I have my back to him, in my bralette. I practically jump out and face him and see his eyes fixed on me, I swallow down standing awkwardly before I wonder off back into the bathroom.

I find the top half of my pyjamas on the counter and I put it on closing the last three buttons only, before I even step out part of me wonders if he's already drifting off in a deep sleep or if he's still up. I get proven wrong as I step out and see his eyelids close then open form a distance but he doesn't look my way.

I make my way to the bed and listen to the soft ruffles as I get in beside him, an unwelcoming tug pulls me towards him making me want to do questionable things, like kiss him. I take my time looking and absorbing him, maybe kissing him wouldn't be so bad. Until I remember I'm unexperienced and don't know how to kiss.