Chapter five

Stay here? To do what?

As soon as my dad hits the top stair I bolt for it out the front door, I force my legs to keep pushing forward as I feel my school bag bounce on my back as I run. I don't even look back ignoring the two voices that scream my name and I keep going.

I clutch onto my the left side of my body as pain runs up there and it starts to throb, I still keep pushing and pushing and take a second to look back. No ones following me but still keep going, if I know my father he's probably getting in his car now.

I see some traffic lights close by and cars rush past me as I paste to them, if I can make it past the lights I can go into the woods leaving my father no choice but to not follow me. I turn to see a way too familiar Honda catching up to me and I try picking my paste up but my body isn't having it.

I can literally feel myself start to slow down but I won't let myself since I'm so close, come on Avaiana you need to escape. It's either the woods or go back home and let yourself get taken advantage of. No way!

The traffic lights become blurry the more I get closer and realized I'm about to pass out if I don't hurry, I look behind me seeing my dad's car way too close and I turn pushing myself a little harder. I finally reach the lights and I'm ready to jaywalk to get away from my father when a red Rang Rover pull up in front of me blocking my path.

The backseat door swings open and a familiar blonde pulls a hand out for me "Get in!" She shouts and I hesitate looking back at my dads car coming to a stop, I watch hate radiate off his pitch back eyes and rush to get in with Tamyne. "Go babe! Go!" I try closing the door.

I rest my head looking over at a concerned Tamyne "Alpha's not going to be pleased with us." I look ahead to see Xaz driving.

"I don't care! Babe she was clearly running away from something, look at her! She's hurt!" She argues and her man falls silent, I don't say anything as the clocks in my head start to run. I just jumped into a car with two people I barely know, for all I know they could be the new Bonnie and Clyde and I just invited myself in.

Second of all the word alpha was used, I know it means leader which means they're going to take me to the head of their friendship group. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I let out a shaky breath getting Tamyne's attention again, she turns to me and scans my whole body. She reaches out to touch me and I shake my head aggressively and she back up.

"What were you running from?" She asks with her eyesbrows frowned, I stare at her not having any words to explain that my father just tried to sell my body for sex. "What I really want to know is what made you go mute." She shakes her head with pity and we all fall silent. I watch carefully how we ride into the heart of the town and go a little deeper.

We finally come to a stop and I look over at Tamyne who doesn't move a muscle "I'll go talk to him." Xaz gets out the car leaving us in the drive way, I look out the window seeing a building that looks like a mansion  but I can't be sure because it's pretty dark around here. Now that I think of it, I don't even know where I am.

"I think I'm in deep shit," Tamyne says and I look over at her, the fact she swore kinda of surprise me as she looks so innocent "Quade hates new comers but I just couldn't help myself with you." I skin back in my seat and she goes back to looking out the window "Stay here." She tells me getting out and then I'm left all alone.

I watch her approach Xaz and another tall figure. She bows her head to the new guy, he's got broad shoulders making his posture straight as hell which also makes him look intimidating. He's got fluffy brown hair with light natural highlights and a very angular face, his eyes blue and his lips bubble gum pink. Just by looking at him my heart skips a beat.

I watch his chest lift and sink as he breaths, this must be the leader of their friendship group. I mean he got it all and even in a black hoodie and grey sweatpants he's kinda intimidates me.

I watch how Tamyne uses hand gestures to talk and then the leader looks over at the car, I sit up wincing in pain as I do so and then he struts to the car. I watch his figure grown bigger and bigger until he stops in front of my door and it swings open, my jaw drops a little at how fucking handsome he is face to face . Out of now where he grabs my right arm just below my armpit and drags me out the car.

I stumble and wince at his force as he drags me with a tight grip.