Chapter twelve

I finish my potatoes and pour them into the hot water on the stove and add a little salt, I turn facing my father's back and make it a priority to keep a little distance between us.

"You know I don't do all this to hurt you right?" He says out of nowhere and I thank God that his back is to him because me face says 'bitch what?' You don't do this to hurt me? The night we got here you fed me the bare minimum, you then proceed to try sell me for sex and beat me half to death when I ran away.

You do all this to hurt me, I'm living under your foot and you know with one step you could squish me and you live for that leverage. You feed off of my fear and live like beating me is okay, you hate me with all your heart, mind, soul and body. Nothing I do could change that, so no I don't know, please enlighten me.

He turns and I drop my gaze, "I thought you were dead. That's not what I want." This asshole is full of himself, that's not what you want? Then why beat me? "You are all the family I have left Aviana and this time I went too far," this time? This time!!

The potato water starts overflowing breaking his pathetic attempt to apologize up and I turn to stove off, I drain the potatoes and then put them into a new bowel and start mashing. I can't even mash properly because of my weak arm, my back and armpit cuts radiate pain all the way down my arm making it unbearable to do the bare minimum.

"We need each other," I can feel his eyes on my but I keep mashing "we make the perfect father daughter duo." I keep mashing, yeah totally, cause there's nothing wrong with an undemonstrative psychopath of a father beating on his malnourished indisposed daughter? Nothing? Yeah I didn't see anything wrong with it either.

"I really-" his phone rings cutting him off, I do the quickest glance seeing him pick up and then go back to mashing the potatoes, "I won't be long," he leaves and I listen to him go upstairs and a door shuts meaning it has to be his. I stop mashing the potatoes freezing for a second.

I take in a shaky breath and grab a stick of butter throwing it in the bowel, was an asshole. I can't believe I live with such a master manipulator? Like who hurt him! Why does he carry so much hate with him?

Shit. I look up into thin air realizing I'm alone...I'm alone. I turn racing to the cupboard underneath the sink and see all the cleaning solutions on display, I grab the pine sol almost dropping it because of its weight. I bring it up to the counter and unscrew the cap, he's gonna have to eat the mash potatoes right?

If anything he'll make me eat it first but I'm doing myself a favour, two birds with one stone. I pour the pine sol into the cap over the bowel and watch it overflow a little then do it two more times, I quickly put he solution back and wash my hands hearing the door upstairs open.

I dry my hands in a rush then grab the cheese packet and start to over do the cheese "Woah, that's a little too much don't you think?" My father walks in and I look down at the bowel, at least the pine sol is covered by the cheese. Sorry. I sign "It's okay," he walks back over to me and I start mixing.

"Okay if you're done with that we can start eating." His tone is too cheery for my liking, I nod anyways and put the mashed potatoes on a nice display and set it on the table. I watch my father set the table up and the moment two clear glasses are placed on the table I freeze.

My back starts to throb reminding me what a glass can really do, "Sit," he tells me and I hesitantly go around the table to his left and drag my chair out, my eyes stay glued on the glass as I watch the event of him throwing glass by glass at me play like a PowerPoint.

My eyes tear up and I glance at my father serving the both of us before fixating on the glass again, my whole body feels like it's under water and the thought comes back to mind. I'm not gonna have to deal with this anymore, not after tonight. "Aviana!" I shift my focus back to my father.

"Eat before your food gets cold." He nods to my plate and I look down at the mashed potatoes hidden by gravy and a juicy piece of turkey beside it, what in the world of thanksgiving is going on?

I look over at my frock and pic it up then my knife and cut into turkey, I pick up the small portion and raise it to my mouth. I take my time chewing not able to grasp on the fact that I'm actually eating hot food and not packed sandwiches. I swallow wanting more so I cut another.

"Good right?" My dad asks and I nod agreeing with him for once "The potatoes are really cheesy but I think it has a nice kick to it." He smiles to me and I look down at the mashed potatoes, it's now or never. I take quite the mouthful and eat it.