34) Hold My Hand

"Just like kerosene fuels the fire that she is, and just like kerosene added to fire explodes, so will she. 

***

"Wake up love," Rhea whispers, her fingers brushing through Rhett's disheveled brown hair.

He shrugs her hand off and buries his head further in her stomach, something that seems to calm him down, but that is unlikely. How can she ever calm someone down? She didn't sleep the whole night, just sat in bed next to Rhett running her hand down his back as he slept soundly. Rosé didn't get up during the night as she slept soundly as well, Rhea really should wake them up, it's nine a.m. but she can't bring herself to force them awake. Her pocket buzzes and she pulls out the phone to see a text run across her screen. She rolls her eyes hard enough to give herself a headache.

6:07 a.m. Where are you?

6:07 a.m. Hello?

6:08 a.m. Athrhea, answer me.

6:10 a.m. I'm going to call Chief Bailey.

Rhea shuts her phone, honestly shocked to see that she brought it with her. She usually only uses her Com and is baffled that Tiffany texted her. Rhett stirs next to her and lifts his sleepy head to look at her. "Good morning."

Rhett smiles and mumbles something along the lines of "morning" and shivers, she pulls the covers up over him watching as he squirms and pops his head out with another smile. "Why is it so cold? I know Octobers in London can be cold but it's freezing!"

"It is probably me. I have been told that I am quite cold, I can warm you up if you would like," she offers and watches as he immediately shifts closer to her, she closes her eyes and wills her body to raise its temperature. She guesses it works as Rhett sighs and holds her close. "Better?"

"Mhm. Do you have to leave?"

"I must be back for tonight; they will look for me, and I will not let them find you. How about I make breakfast, yes? What would you like?" His eyes brighten, and smiles, instantly awake and happy.

"Waffles? Can you make waffles?"

"Yes. Wake your sister and I will fix it. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I haven't slept like that in a while. It was nice," he whispers, head dipping with embarrassment. She tips his head up and watches as his blush increases, she leans down and presses her lips to his forehead before standing up.

"I am glad you slept well, Rhett." With those words, she leaves and enters the kitchen hoping all the needed ingredients are already here and that she would not have to go to the store and deal with people. Much to her annoyance, the ingredients are not here. "Lovely. Rhett?"

"Yes ma'am?" he says walking into the room with a sleepy Rosé.

"Ma'am? You make me feel old, no, call me Flame. I am not an authoritative adult to you, I am...a friend. Speaking of being a friend...I must go to the store for the ingredients for waffles. Would you like to accompany me?"

"Yes!" Rhett beams, Rosé shooting him a weird look. "What?"

"Nothing," Rosé mutters.

"Are you okay with waffles for breakfast, Rosé?"

"Yeah."

"Rhett, go dress, and then we will leave," Rhea replies to Rhett. He nods with a questioning look but leaves, nonetheless. "Rosé, what is wrong?"

She sighs and sits at the table dropping her head into her hands. "There is something he is not telling you, I don't know what but I know he is hiding something. It's bad Flame, and he needs help. Please don't let him die."