22 - "I love you, Luke Patterson."

(I do not own these characters) 

Reggie's POV

Julie and I are currently in our way to Luke's house. We don't know if we'll be able to find him, but we need to look because he shouldn't be alone right now.

"Where do I think he'll be in his home town?" Julie asks me.

"he could be where we played our gigs, or at his parents house spying on them." I say to her.

I look at her.

Her shoulders are tense, knuckles are going white because of how hard she's squeezing the wheel.

I place my hand on top of hers and she takes a glance at me before turning her eyes back to the road.

" hey..... We're going to find him. I promise. OK?" I say to her.

"OK, but don't make promises you cant keep." she says to me.

I remove my hand from hers and turn to text Luke, but he jus leaves me on read.

I try to call him, and it goes straight to voicemail.

I sigh.

Welp, we're gonna be in a car for an hour.

"hey, do u mind if I put some music on.?" I ask her.

"sure."

I plug my phone into the aux cord, and find my favourite song. 'Paper Houses' by Make Out Monday (a/n just in case you didn't know this, but Jeremy, is in the band Make out Monday)

We sit there in silence, while I stare out the window, noticing the scenery I've seen time and time again. 

You see Luke, Alex and I, we would travel to Hollywood every couple of months to play some gigs. Those were some fun days,but Luke's mum didn't want him in a rock band, Alex's parents werent OK with him being in the band either. 

I smile remembering all of the car trips and everything we did before we all ran away from our homes. 

"Hey Reggie..." she begins. I look at her. She gulps before she continues "...  What happened between Luke and his parents?" she asks. Then she glances at me for a second and turns her head back to the road. 

I stare at my knees and gulp. 

I slowly bring my head up and look at the road in front of us before speaking. " His parents didn't want their teenage son in a rock band and he ran out on there...." I sigh "... You remember that song 'Unsaid Emily'?" I ask her. 

She nods. 

"Emily's his mum. When he ran out on them, he came to live at my house in secret and he would always secretly see how his parents were, and he thought I wouldn't find out, but I did. None of our parents wanted us in a rock band, and that's why we all ran away to Hollywood, to peesue our dreams. We would always come up to Hollywood to play gigs and we loved it here, so we thought we should at least try. " I say to her. 

" wow" she says in a low whisper. 

"This is his first birthday away from his parents, and u guess that got to him." I say to her. 

We sit in silence for the next twenty minutes before we arrive in our home town. 

I direct Julie to the closest parking space to Luke's house. 

Julie parks the car and we sit there dfor about a minute before we both get out. 

We walk up Luke's Street. It hasn't changed one bit. Then I see it. His house.