Chapter 2

Tord's POV

"T-tord?" A familiar voice rang out, making me jump. "Is that you?" I hesitantly nodded my head before I looked up, meeting the faces of my old friends.

Tom then bursted into anger, marching up to me and saying, "Get out of my sight, you disgusting communist pig. I thought you died. Wow, maybe my aim is worse than I thought."

I flinched as he spoke, agreeing with every word that came out of the eyeless brit's mouth. Edd kicked him in the shin, then came over and knelt next to me.

"I can't believe you're alive! I thought you died in that explosion."

I slowly got to my feet, clinging to the wall as dizziness from the loss of blood washed over me.

"I'm sorry that you had to see me here. I ruined your lives and I deserve everything that is happening to me right now. You have every right to say that to me, and I promise you will never see me again." I looked up and met Tom's eyes for that last part.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I suddenly broke into a full sprint, pushing past the group and down the sidewalk, ignoring the pain throughout my whole body with every step I took. My head was spinning.

Why? Why did I have to bawl like a baby in that alley? If I had just stayed silent they wouldn't have seen me. I could have spared them the pain of seeing the person, who had forever changed their lives in the worst way possible, alive.

I rounded the corner, even dizzier than before and lost my balance, hitting my head on the curb, and blacking out.

Tom's POV

Wow. Did Commie really just apologize?

I stood there, gripping my shin in pain as Edd and Matt ran after him. I sighed and went to catch up with them.

Edd's POV

"Tord! Come back!" I yelled.  I won't let him get away again. I tried to run faster but I was running out of breath quickly. Maybe Tom was right. I do need a colonoscopy.

Matt was running by my side, so I shouted to him. "Matt! Go catch up to the norski!" He nodded and sped up, running right around the curb. Damn those long legs of his.

Matt's POV

I turned at the curb and skidded to a stop. Todd was on the ground. Hoping that he wouldn't jump up and start running again, I turned and yelled. "Tim! Edd! I found Todd! I think he was just tired. He's sleeping.

Tom's POV

I finally caught up to Edd and Matt, who were surprisingly only a couple blocks away. I walked up to the unconscious communist and turned my phone's flashlight on. Edd was checking his vitals and Matt was just watching, obviously alarmed, but unsure of what to do. Edd lifted Tord up with Matt's help and they carried him to their apartment.

They set him on the pull out couch and went to go get bandages. I just stood in the doorway in shock mostly, as Edd started cleaning and bandaging Tord's wounds. "Is Todd gonna stay here with us again?" Matt asked.

"I'm not gonna let him go back out on the streets like that. His wounds look severely infected and he probably has a concussion from hitting his head." 

"What about those fresh cuts on his arm?" I asked skeptically.

"He probably opened old wounds when he fell." Edd guessed. "Either way, he's my friend and I'm gonna let him stay. Tom, do you mind sharing your apartment with Tord until he heals up? After that we'll let him do his own thing."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a long sigh. "I know that you're all like, Oh he can stay with us he's not gonna kill us or anything, but let me remind you that he blew up our house and tried to kill us once already. I'll let him stay for now but I'm locking my bedroom door at night."