Chapter 7

Tord's POV

~Flashback~

"Pat. Paul. Gather all of the soldiers. I have to announce something."

"Yes sir."

I walked into the packed room up to the podium as I shoot a warning shot to silence the crowd.

"Today marks a new era. I have found that I am not fit to lead this army anymore. Therefore, I promote Patryck and Paul to be the new Red Leaders."

The room went dead silent as I said this, anger building up. Out of nowhere, somebody fired their gun. The bullet barely an inch away from my nose.

I ran. Faster than I ever had before. There were hundreds of soldiers chasing me, trying to kill me. Patryck grabbed me and pulled me into a secret passageway leading underground to the city.

"Go and be careful."

"Thanks Patryck. Take care of my giant robot for me."

He nodded, and I sprinted down the tunnel towards the outskirts of the city.

~End of flashback~

I wake up with a start as I hear glass shattering in Edd and Matt's apartment. Tom must've heard it too because he sat up and looked over at me in a panic. After seeing that I wasn't the cause of the broken glass and not trying to impale myself with it, he relaxed a little and quietly padded out to The front door with me behind him.

We got to their apartment and saw that someone had broken in. "Tord where's your gun?" He asked.

"In your closet." I replied.

He went and retrieved the gun while I stood watch.

After he came back we went inside to look for our friends. I found one of Matt's mirrors smashed into pieces.

"This must be what woke us up." I guessed.

Tom motioned for me to come to the next room down the hallway when I hear shouting and pleading. I gave Tom a worried look as we got closer to the room. Ready to attack whoever is in there threatening our friends.