Chapter 8

We peek into the room and see two figures, one a blonde, the other a brunette, standing over Edd and Matt, who are tied up in chairs and gagged.

"Shut up!" The blonde man knees Matt in the gut, trying to silence his whimpers.

The brunette starts speaking. "Now listen here. Do you remember that horn haired little communist in the robot who killed my friend? We've come back for revenge. And if you don't give up his location, we might as well kill you too."

Wait a minute. Who did I kill in my robot? I suddenly remember our old neighbors Eduardo, Mark, and Jon. I saw Jon covered in blood but I didn't know he had died.

My thoughts are interrupted as Eduardo bursts into a fit of rage and backhands Edd.

"WHERE IS HE YOU LITTLE SHITS?!"

"I-I don't know." Edd stutters.

Eduardo suddenly puts a gun to Matt's head and speaks again. "I'm gonna ask you one more time before I blow his brains out!"

I can't just stand here. I gotta help my friends. Maybe this is why I came back. This is what I'm meant to do.

I turn to Tom, who's obviously distressed. I give him a hug. "Looks like this is it, old friend." I give him a quick but tender kiss as tears build up in my eyes. He kisses back and tries to grab me as I pull away.

I grab his gun and burst through the door with Tom chasing me.

"I'm right here, motherfucker!"

He jumps and drops his gun. As he's fumbling with the gun trying to take the safety off, I put the gun to his head.

"You know, Jon was a pretty chill guy. I didn't mean to kill him. Hell, I didn't mean to kill anyone. I'm sorry."

He looks up at me with angry eyes. "You know, Jon wanted to live. He was so scared to die. He kept gripping on to my hand and crying. He died in my arms. Did you ever think of the pain you caused us? The pain you caused him? Maybe you should die too. An arm for a leg. Right, Mark?"

"Tord!" Tom screamed.