Chapter 4

I pat Chewies' head as I open the front door. Making sure it's unlocked, I head off into the day. Today is the first day of school, and it seems like I ended up going alone. Sure, under certain circumstances I know Sidney has a lot on her mind.

Once I walked the few blocks to school, all I could see was students and reporters. A few reporters notice me, but I try to walk through them.

"Do you think Billy is the killer?"

"Are you a potential person at risk?"

"Are you afraid for your life? You were in the same house as the masked murderers attempted murder."

Feeling claustrophobic with all the cameras, I knew there was no way out of this. That was until a bigger body shields me from the reporters, guiding me towards the school.

Dewey looks down at me once we make it through the school's front doors, away from all the cameras. He smiles, "how are you doing?"

"Good, thank you for that. I am a little camera shy." I shyly say

"Not a problem! I-"

Dewey got interrupted by his sister joining us, Sidney also following behind his sister. Instantly Sidney brings me into a high, "I am so sorry. I know we were supposed to come to school together because it is your first day. It's just Tatum got me out of the station as soon as possible."

"I totally understand Sid, everything is okay. Plus Dewey has taken really good care of me."

Glancing behind Sidney my eyes land on Billy. The same guy that Sidney and I put in jail last night. Sidney followed the direction I was looking in. She sighs out, "It's not him. I got a call last night."

"Really? Wow."

"Yeah, I really need to talk to him. I need to apologize or something."

"Hi!" Tatum says, gaining my attention. "You must be (y/n), Sidney, and my brother has said all good things. I wish I could have met you last night, but my main concern is Sidney."

I shake her hand with a smile, soon noticing that Dewey is now gone. I wish I could have at least thanked him again. He is such a sweet boy. Shaking my head I take notice of the two new people in our little group. One was Randy, and the other one had his arms wrapped around Tatum. This must be Stu, Sidney told me about him.

"Hey, ladies, and Randy. In honor of everything that has been going on, I was thinking about having a little party tonight. My parents are out of town, so it's a perfect opportunity." Stu says with an enormous smile.

"Will Billy be there? Maybe he will talk to me then." Sidney shrugs.

"I think so. He is my best friend so maybe I can talk him into coming."

"Then (y/n), Tatum, and I will see you there then. It's just I can't stay out late, it's a school night."

"Well just as long as you show up works for me. You can have some fun, hopefully."

Sidney nods before Stu runs off further into the school. Randy nudges me before running off in his own direction. Tatum drags Sidney away from me, leaving me alone. Shrugging I try to find my way towards the office, excited for the party tonight.