13//thoughts

I wake up to the sound of people whispering.

"Shut up you'll wake her up." That was Noah.

"Dude, she's draped her leg across you, she's cuddled into your chest, AND she's in YOUR hoodie. Tell me you don't have morning wood right now." That was Seth.

"Shut up Seth. Let me get a picture." That was Mads.

"If you guys don't shut the fuck up right now, I'm going to kick all of you out of my house. Maddie put your goddamn phone down." I say annoyed because the fuckers I call friends are A) bad at whispering and B) I. am. not. a. morning. person.

"Goodmorning Sunshine!" I hear Dylan say from the doorway.

"Fuck you."

I unwrap myself from Noah and sit up in the bed. I throw my hair in a messy bun and rub my eyes.

I realize all my friends are still looking between me and Noah.

"What?"

"Nothing..." Kena starts.

"We were all just wondering why Noah's shirtless in your bed right now." Mads blurts out.

"Well you see when little Jakey over here starts kicking us off the sofa and all of you guys fall asleep all over the floor and the other couch we have to find some place to sleep, and no offense Noah, but I didn't really want him sleeping in my moms bed."

Jake scoffs.

"I did not kick you off the sofa."

"You kinda did." Noah says also covering the story.

"That doesn't explain why he's shirtless." Kena says crossing her arms

"Well I'm not complaining. I mean look at the guy." I reply and Noah just laughs.

"I don't sleep with a shirt on. Plus with this bitch cuddling up to me all night it was fucking hot in here." he says playfully glaring at me.

"It's true," I reply with a fake sigh, "I am a cuddler."

Our friends all burst out laughing and me and Noah join in.

We go downstairs and I see pancakes on the kitchen counter and immediately dig in. Everyone else follows my example.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask

"I gotta head back home." Maddie says.

"Yeah, me too." Dylan replies.

"Same." Noah adds.

"Us too." Jake says.

"Yeah my mom wants me home because i've been 'gone all weekend'." Kena says.

I nod and Ollie looks up.

"Well Ima head out too then, Seth you want a ride?"

"Sure."

After breakfast they all leave and I'm alone in this big house with nothing but my thoughts.

I decide to go tan by my pool with a book all day because it's one of the few sunny days in Montana's winter.

After I tan for a couple hours before I go back inside and watch Netflix. I eat dinner in the quietness of my house. While trying to sort out my thoughts.

Do I like Noah?

After our talk last night, it felt like a weight was lifted off my chest. I wasn't even that open with my therapist. And I can't ignore the way my stomach felt like I was on a rollercoaster ride when he wrapped his arms around me. Or the warmth of his body heat radiating against me when I woke up this morning.

I really don't know but if I do like him, this is going to get a lot more complicated.

...And I still have his hoodie.
———————————————————————————

Hey loves, this is more of a filler chapter because last chapter was really long and I needed a chapter to get Carter's thoughts out there. lmk what y'all think!