21//noah

(i'm going to try Noah's POV, you guys probably shouldn't get used to this because I'm not a guy so like I don't rly know how to write in a guys pov but I'll try! Btw this is ch 20 in his pov is not continuing the story.)

Noah's POV:
I woke up with Carter leg tangled with my own and her head buried in my neck.

I slowly removed myself from under her. Being sure not to wake her up.

I need a cold shower. Now.

After last night it took me a good two hours to fall asleep. I finally did when Carter did and she cuddled into me.

I take my shower quickly because it's damn cold.

Obviously you dumbass, it's a cold shower.

Anyways. I get out and wrap a towel around my waist and go back to my room.

Carter's not in the bed and my hoodie is gone from the floor. I smile to myself as I put my clothes on and then walk downstairs. On the stairs I see my mom smiling like an idiot.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask happily because I haven't seen this happy in a while.

"Oh nothing," she says shaking her head to herself and giggles.

"Okay..." I say skeptically.

I walk down the stairs and I see Carter sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hey, what's up?" He grabs my arm pulling me to a stop.

"Why's mom so happy? You guys weren't plotting my death down here were you?" I say playfully as I grab an apple from the kitchen.

"How'd you know? Eavesdropping is wrong Noah." She says slapping my bicep.

"Ha ha. Very funny Carter. You ready?" She lets out a heavy sigh.

"As I'll ever be."

She starts to stand up and I notice that she IS in fact wearing my hoodie. That's a turn on. How can one look hot in an oversized hoodie and leggings

"Nice hoodie." I say, smirking.

"Thanks I got it off this deadbeat dude with a massive crush on me." She says rolling her eyes.

I laugh because she has no idea how close she is to being right. But I can't have her know that

"Your egos already too big there Carter, I wouldn't want to feed it back even dignifying that with a response." I say, but I notice her smile waver but she looks down before she thinks I noticed.

Shit I fucked up.

I pull her arm to get her to stop walking.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask gently.

"Nothing," she forces a small laugh. "It's stupid don't worry about it." She pulls her arm out of my grip and get in my truck. Closing her eyes with a sigh and resting her head against the window.

The entire car ride, thoughts filled my head about our conversation. What did I say that upset her? Was it something to do with her dad or brother? Fuck what if it was just me? She'll usually explain it if it's about her family.

Damnit Noah.

Despite my confusion I can't take my mind off her kiss. And the feeling I get in my stomach when her fingertips brush against my skin. Or her nails slightly digging into my shoulder.

Sure, after dad died I went through the faze of fucking everything with a vagina that breathed. But never has a girl made me hard just by kissing her. And she wasn't even doing any of that other shit. She literally just has her hand on my hip and that's started it and then her authority when she just pulled me down and kissed me. Damn and the way she moaned my name makes me want her to scream it loud enough to wake all the neighbors.