Chapter 22 - Poor Shyam!

This is for you, Kiddo!

Sometime later..
AR.

Shyam walked in Arnav's cabin, looking around, then his eyes fell on Arnav sat on his chair going through some files.

"Sale Sahab," he uttered clearing his throat while Arnav looked up to him, "Did you call me here?"

"Yes.. Take a seat," Arnav said before picking up a call he received. Shyam gulped and sat on the opposite chair of Arnav's. 

"If he wanted to talk with me, then he would have done it at home.. Why did he call me here in AR, that too with only two of us here in his cabin? Partner is also not here to save me.. Oh God, only you can save me now from this Laad Governor!" Shyam thought, biting his nails while watching Arnav talking over the phone. He later slapped his lips, mentally scolding himself for picking up Khushi's habit of biting her nails when nervous.

"Okay.. great. Instruct the bodyguards to be around her when she's outside KK and always be alert.. Okay, Bye Aman!"

Shyam frowned as Arnav's words gained his attention, "What happened to Khushi? Is everything alright?" he asked after Arnav hang up the call, keeping the phone back on the table.

But before Arnav could answer him, Shyam's phone rang and he looked startled for a moment, then took his phone out of his pants pocket and picked up the call hurriedly when he saw the caller ID, "Hello.. Khushi.. Are you okay? What happened-"

Shyam stopped abruptly when he glanced at Arnav, who face palmed and angrily whispered, "Keep your mouth shut!"

"Yes.. I'm fine. Why are you asking?" he heard Khushi's reply and his heart sighed in relief, but still his mind wondered why Arnav asked Aman to instruct the bodyguards to stay alert and be around Khushi.

"Nothing.. I had a very bad dream yesterday.. Chudail was pulling your hair because you don't have dandruff and she was jealous of you.. So I was worried for you.. but when I woke up you weren't home," Shyam pouted.

"What the.." Arnav looked at him in disbelief. Shyam smiled sheepishly in return to Arnav. 

"Aww you're so sweet Partner!" Shyam's cheeks turned red like a tomato, "That I'm!" he replied giggling.

Arnav stared at him confused and curious. Why was he laughing? What did Khushi say to him that made him blush?

"Shyam can you come to my office now? I need to tell you something very important!"

Shyam cleared his throat, glancing at Arnav, "Woh.. Is it urgent Khushi? I'm little busy right now."

"Yes, it's urgent.. but you can come later once you finish what you're doing,"

"Okay.. We'll talk later then. Bye!" Shyam said and hang up the call, then looked up at Arnav, who had been glaring at him.

"Best friends!" Arnav muttered with a tight smile.

"Sale Sahab are you jealous?" Shyam raised his brows.

"No. I'm not," Arnav curtly replied with no expression on his face.

"Well you don't have to be. Khushi loves you a lot.."

"I know."

"And she's my sis-"

"I know that too!" Arnav cut him off, "I called you here to talk about something important Shyam."

Shyam nodded, turning serious. Is he going to kick me out of Shantivan?. Shyam gulped at the possibility of being called for that.