Chapter 9 - Khushi saves Shyam?

"Di why are you blaming Khushi now? Your husband is the cheater here.." Arnav said angrily.

"Chote from how long you know this girl? Just few days and you know Shyam ji for years, you know that he's a good person and always keep me happy.. why don't you suspect this girl instead of blaming my husband for cheating me? Who knows it's Khushi who wants you and my husband also!" Anjali glared at Khushi.

"Di don't point your finger at Khushi's character.." Arnav said in low tone still his eyes were burning in anger which made Anjali gulp as she knew she hit his wrong nerve now, "Mera dil Khushi ko jhanta hai, uske character ke bare main mujhe aapke ya kisse aur ke muh se sunne ki zaroorat nahin hai (My heart knows Khushi, I don't need to hear from you or others mouth about her character)"

"Then I know my Shyam ji too, I know he's not capable of doing what you're accusing him of.." Anjali shouted stubbornly.

Nani walked to them and patted Anjali's shoulder, "Don't talk with your brother like this Anjali bitiya.. Listen to what he's trying to explain to you, you know he always does good for you, why would he wish bad for you now?"

"Nani you too?" Anjali looked at her in disbelief, "This means you also believe in what Chote is saying.. Nani you yourself choose Shyam ji for me and now you're doubting on him also.. Is this what my husband deserve from you all? Because of whom, a mere girl you just know for days, seriously?"

"I'm not supporting Khushi or Shyam, I'm talking about your brother.. Chote grew up with you Anjali bitiya, he's like your son and you know him too well more than Khushi or your husband, now tell me do you think he would ever do something to ruin your marriage life? The same Chote who reached great heights of success, only because of you, do you think he would do something like this?" Nani asked.

"The man standing here is not my Chote, he is Khushi's Arnav!" Anjali smiled sadly with moist eyes.

"What rubbish Di.." Arnav frowned and Khushi caught his hand blinking her eyes gesturing him to keep quiet.

"No.." Arnav withdraw his hand from Khushi, then looked at Anjali, "We will clear this matter today only, we can ask permission to see the footage of CCTV camera of that restaurant I went with Khushi to have dinner and then your husband misbehaved with her.."

"Nahin.." Khushi held his hand again, "Just let it be Arnav.."

Arnav looked at her in disbelief, "What do you mean just let it be Khushi?"

"I know why I'm saying this.. please listen to me!" Khushi said calmly.

Arnav sighed and nodded his head.

"She knows she is wrong, that's why asking you to leave it.." Anjali smirked.

"I don't even want to be right Anjali, the fact that Arnav trusts me is more than enough for me.. By winning or losing from you, doesn't matter for me.." Khushi looked at Anjali with a sharp gaze.

Shyam looked at Khushi with shocked expression, why is she saving him? She could easily ask for footage of CCTV and prove that he did really misbehave with her, then why did she kept quiet and saved his image in front of family? Why didn't she prove Anjali wrong?

Anjali went from there upstairs crying. Arnav stare at her disappearing figure, then angrily at Shyam, "This matter is not over yet!"

Shyam gulped.

"I think you should go to your room and rest for a while Arnav.." Khushi said.

"No.. I've to drop you home.." Arnav said.

Khushi caressed his cheek staring at him overwhelmed, "It's okay.. I can go by myself.. you just take care of yourself.. you need to calm yourself down and rest please.."