Chapter 13 - Akash's birthday party!

Anjali was singing a song smiling while putting bangles on her wrist.

Shyam watched her with weird look, "She thinks she looks like heroine singing a romantic song, only if she knew that she looks like a chudail singing a scary song!"

"Rani Sahiba" Shyam called her with sweetest smile plastered on his face.

Anjali looked at him through the mirror and smile. Shyam looked away shutting his eyes tightly thinking, "Oh my God.. I really felt a witch was staring at me through the mirror and smiling evilly!"

"Won't you tell me what's your plan for today?" Shyam asked after composing himself.

"Shyam ji have some patience please.. You will enjoy the drama, if I tell you now what will be the fun?" Anjali chuckled shaking her head.

"Okay, now tell me am I looking good?" she asked twirling in front of him showing off her new Saree.

Shyam faked a smile, "Yes.. You're looking very beautiful my Rani Sahiba!"

She sat on his lap giggling, Shyam pressed his lips controlling himself from crying in pain, he faked a smile mumbling, "Don't you think you've gained weight?"

"What did you say?" Anjali asked again as she didn't hear it.

Shyam caressed her waist, "Are we welcoming a new member in this house?"

"No! Not yet.." Anjali blushed, "But why did you ask that suddenly?"

"When you sat on my lap, I felt as if a dumbbell fell on me.. So I thought maybe you're pregnant, but you said no.. so it can only mean another thing!" Shyam said grinning.

"I'm on a diet Shyam ji.." Anjali glared at him.

"Really?" Shyam asked surprised and astonished.

"She keeps eating people's brain and then says she's on diet!" Shyam thought with mocking smile.

"Yes really.. but I guess it's not resulting, right?" she pouted.

"I think I know what the problem is.." Shyam said.

"What?" she asked curiously.

"First you should sit on the bed otherwise I will end up losing my weight without doing any diet!" he said making her sit on the bed.

"Shyam ji.." Anjali whined adjusting on the bed comfortably.

"Yes, so I was saying that maybe you're on a diet but did you realize that you spend most time of your day in doing your pooja? And as a part of prayers, you need to eat sweets.. That's why you're getting fat.." Shyam said, "More pooja, more sweets and more weight!"

Anjali shook her head, "Shyam ji app bhi na.. Let's go we're getting late to the party.."

Shyam nodded thinking, "She might leave everything, but not her pooja! Her parents should have named her Poojaanjali!"

****************************************************************

Gupta mansion..

"Khushi do you think Akash will like this gift?" Payal asked showing a wrist watch to her sister.

"Haan Jiji I'm sure he will like it.." Khushi said.

"Are wah.. These both ASR came to destroy my life.. just look at this, my daughters are more interested in pleasing them!" Shashi sat on Khushi's bed with a frustrated cute look.

"Bauji you know there's nothing like that!" Khushi said.

"Keep saying that.. You will still not convince me.. I can see nowadays you both don't give attention to this poor man anymore.." Shashi said feeling pity of himself.