Chapter 21 - I'm here!

10 pm. Arshi's room.

"Arnav.." she uttered softly after she turned to his side of the bed and found him awake, "What happened? Why are you not sleeping?"

"Thinking.." he replied curtly, still staring at the ceiling.

"About?" she asked.

"Our break up.. The way we got married.. My sister's deeds.. Your and Shyam's friendship.. Sheetal and Aarav sudden entry in my life.. and the possibility of him being my son. Everything is a mess in my life. This is not what I had planned," he sighed, running his left hand's fingers through his thick hair.

"You must be regretting the day I walked in your life.. that's when everything changed in your perfect life.. even your relationship with Anjali!" Khushi said with a small smiled, blinking her eyes rapidly to hide her tears.

Arnav frowned on hearing her words, turning his head to her side, "I love you Khushi.. and I don't regret bringing you in my life. But I just wanted to go back in past and make our love story better.. erase all the misunderstandings, our break up, our quick wedding, Di and Sheetal's drama.. and create even more beautiful memories with you.. and marry you the way You dreamt!"

"It's okay Arnav,"

"It's not okay Khushi.. This is not what I wanted. Not what you wanted. And not what our family wanted to happen."

"But life is never perfect Arnav.. Yes, we never imagined this to happen in our life.. We thought we met, we liked each other, our families discussed about our marriage and we would get married happily.. but nothing happened of that sort. So what? I'm still here with you and you're with me. You still didn't forgive me for not trusting you and break our relationship. I'm still trying to make things alright between us. Anjali is still trying to separate us. Sheetal claims that Aarav is your son. Despite all this happening in our life, I know that we're here for each other, not against each other Arnav. That's what matters.. Life was never easy Arnav. And if it's throwing these obstacles in our path, let's face it together."

"And.. what if Aarav is really my son? Will you still be here with me?" he asked, staring intently at her.

Khushi moved closer to him, resting her head on his chest, she caressed the back of his hair lightly with her delicate fingers, staring into his chocolate brown eyes, "I will Arnav.. Even if Aarav turns out to be your son, I will be here with you!"

Arnav wrapped his arms around her back, and dropped a kiss on her hair.

"But I've a feeling that he's not my son," he whispered, "And unfortunately, Di is behind all this."

"Well.. I'm 100% sure of that Arnav," Khushi said staring at nothing in particular, "Just think.. Who invited Sheetal here? Your sister.. Who still hates me? Your sister.. Who wants to separate us? Your sister.. So it's really possible that she and Sheetal planned this."

"It would be heartbreaking for me to know that my sister can make me accept a son that isn't mine, just to separate me from you, so that she can have my attention reserved all for her," he whispered brokenly, "I love Di so much.. I never thought she would do something like this with me.. She's like my mother.. Why did she turn herself into this evil woman that I don't recognize anymore?" his eyes turned moist, as he sighed.

Khushi looked up at him, but he immediately caressed her head then pretended to cover themselves properly with the blanket, "It's already late.. We should sleep," he said avoiding eye contact with her, as he didn't want to show her, his tears.

Khushi who had been observing him till now, cupped his face, forcing him to look at her, "You can cry in front of me Arnav. Don't shut yourself. Share with me all you want."