Chapter 2 - Families reaction!

"Khushi.." her mother, Garima smiled while making tea for them.

"Yes Amma.." Khushi said engrossed in making the roti round shape with rolling pin.

"I guess last night party was special one for you that you can't stop smiling every now and then.." Garima smirked.

"Amma tell me what special powers you have? Or you've been spying on me yesterday night?" Khushi raised her one eyebrow suspiciously shocked that her mother always knows when she's happy, upset, nervous, angry or whatever. Her mother has always been her best friend, the one who she trusts and loves more than herself.

"Amma hoon teri (I'm your mother).. I know everything about my two girls.." Garima pinched her cheek earning a sheepish giggle from Khushi.

"Party was going on and I was bored as usual because I don't have friends there, so I went to stay in a corner when a man came to me.." Khushi said.

"Really? So you're saying to me that a man is behind this smile of yours.." Garima widened her eyes in surprise.

"Amma I won't tell you anything now.." Khushi whined.

"Okay.. okay.. If it was Payal who came to tell me about this then I wouldn't be so shocked, because she was always girly type but you, you're different.. you were never interested in all this that's why I'm surprised.. Continue.." Garima smiled.

"Then.." Khushi smiled excitedly to share with her mother, "He asked for friendship and I teased him saying that he wanted more than friendship and guess what Amma? He even accepted it and said I'm a smart girl.. we talked for a while, then I got to know that he's no one other than ASR, the one I would be collaborating for the next summer collection. He confessed that he hated me because I rejected his designs but then we sort out things and became friends.. He left his car with his brother and friend, and asked me to drop him home, while driving we talked so much about almost everything that came in our minds.."

Garima smiled hearing her, "This boy seemed to have touched your heart.."

"He's different from the men I've met in this fashion industry Amma.. I saw him staring at me from long time, but when he came to talk me, he talked well and not in a nasty way.. when I went to drop him home, he could have taken advantage of me, but he didn't do anything of that sort.. He didn't touched me without my will.. he's a well cultured man with modern thinking like me!" Khushi smiled.

"He doesn't drink nor smoke Amma.. I found the qualities I wanted for a man of my dreams in him.." Khushi said.

"Okay.. okay.. No need to praise him more, you already convinced me.." Garima said.

Khushi hugged her mother from behind giggling, "Suppose he proposes to me, should I say yes?"

"You only met him yesterday, what's the hurry?" Garima asked in disbelief.

"I said suppose Amma.. KK likes to plan her future okay.." Khushi whined.

"You only say Yes, if your heart agrees.." Garima said caressing her cheek, "You know that I wouldn't have problem because I trust your choices, I just want you to be happy wherever you're.. Your happiness is what matters to your Amma.."

"I love you Amma.." Khushi kissed Garima's cheek smiling.

"Mother and daughter are sharing love without me?" asked Payal who came to the kitchen with sleepy eyes.

"Of course.. Amma loves me more than you!" Khushi stuck out her tongue to Payal.

Payal glared at her and rushed to Garima hugging her sideways, "She's my Amma only!"