twenty six

I groaned at the sound of my phone ringing. I glared at my alarm clock, 4:34 am. Who could possibly be calling me this early?

"Agent Carter." I answered the phone groggily, not looking at the caller I.D.

"Good morning, Princess." It was JJ. "We've got a case. Meet at headquarters ASAP."

I hung up the phone without saying anything.

I stepped out of bed to feel the cold hardwood floor. I went throughout my morning routine of letting Gunner out and then getting ready.

Entering my closet, I looked through my options of what to wear for the day. I stripped out of my pajamas and decided on grey dress pants with stripes. For my shirt, I picked a royal blue sweater that had a collar attached to it. To top it all off, I put on my black boots.

After getting dressed, I headed for the bathroom

After getting dressed, I headed for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I couldn't do my normal makeup routine due to my cut that was now a full scab. I sighed, I'm gonna have to go with a bare face. I still applied mascara gently to my eye lashes. I then brushed my hair straight, not having time to do anything special to it today.

I exited the bathroom and went over to my dresser. I clasped my necklace around my neck, and threw a few outfits into my go bag.

I turned my bedroom lights off and entered my living area and kitchen. I filled my water bottle and grabbed a granola bar for breakfast, before heading out of my apartment for work.

--

I stepped off the elevator doors on to my floor. It was fairly empty since it was so early. No one was technically due for another two hours.

I started to walk towards my desk, when Morgan stopped me.

"Good morning, Sweet Cheeks. Woah- what happened to your face?"

I threw my hand to cover my cheek, "Oh, uh, my dog scratched me." I lied.

He laughed and headed for his desk.

I sighed and removed the hand from my face before going to my desk where Reid was sitting.

"Good morning." I said cheerily.

"Hey! How was your weekend?" He asked.

I laughed, "Eventful. What about you?"

"Hayden and I went to the book store. I bought a few new books."

I smiled, I missed Hayden. I feel like I haven't seen him in forever.

"We on for breakfast this Friday?" I asked.

"If we're back in time from the case." Reid sighed.

--

"These are victims six and seven within a two week span." JJ began briefing us of the case as she projected images of the bodies onto the big screen